We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kep & Kampot

Which Cambodia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
reviews: 104
Kep & Kampot

Traveltom & I have planned a side trip to Kep & Kampot late October this year for a total of 5 nights. Could anybody please suggest whether it would be best to have 2 nights Kep and 3 in Kampot or the other way round.

We've been to Cambodia a number of times but never to this area so would appreciate thoughts from those of you who have.

Oslo, Norway
reviews: 52
21. Re: Kep & Kampot

Yes(: I'd say.

But it's not that bad in my opinion, I did a Moto there yesterday - a fullhelmet should be used for all the dust, other than that its just a fun and bumpy ride(;

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 89
22. Re: Kep & Kampot

We were there a month ago and did not find it as bad as had been reported, just drive/ride carefully folks.

Oslo, Norway
23. Re: Kep & Kampot

That's for sure...ive already today seen 3 Moto accidents...the last one was quite serious unfortunately...):

They don't seem to understand...

I had a driver today, just a quick one...it was blowing as hell and he only had one hand on the steering all the time...

After telling him 3-4 times without result I told him to stop, and then I just left the scenery..

Gave him a dollar..he didn't understand the situation even though his English was good..

UK
reviews: 16
24. Re: Kep & Kampot

Yes from the roundabout by Kep Rock Cafe in Kep all the way to Kampot. And the section from Kampong Trach to Kampot. Miles of red earth and nobody doing any actual roadworks.

It should be finished by December. If you are coming by bus I would put your bag in a plastic bag or rice sack. When they opened the lugguage section in the bus on our arrival everything was covered in a thick layer of that red dust! Or book a seat for your bag!

Kampot itself apparently ok. Just a bit disappointing about Kep. It is normally my soul food ... My little paradise. Not quite like that this time.

Oslo, Norway
25. Re: Kep & Kampot

I was out in the open, both ways, yesterday, yes it was dry..

I could spot a small sign of red on my black t-shirt...thats all..

Still someone's saying that they're entire bus luggage was full of dirt(:

Guess we all have different ways of seeing things(:

Oslo, Norway
26. Re: Kep & Kampot

I think it's worth mentioning, doing this road today...there won't be any dust at all...(((:

27. Re: Kep & Kampot

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 23, 2014