We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kuala Belait - Billionith Barrel Monument and Science centre

Which Bandar Seri Begawan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane
Kuala Belait - Billionith Barrel Monument and Science centre

Has anyone been to the above? How long did it take to travel by car to this area from BSB. Has anyone driven themselves down to this area? Is the Science Centre open 7 days? Any tips would be much appreciated.

BSB
1. Re: Kuala Belait - Billionith Barrel Monument and Science centre

To travel to KB from BSB will take you about 1 - 1.30 hrs drive to reach the Billionth Barrel Monument and OGDC (Oil & Gas Discovery Centre) which you referred to as Science Centre are located in Seria which is past the Sg Liang & Lumut Area on the highway. Both of these places are within 5-7 minutes from each other in Seria Town itself. Hope this has been helpful. Do msg me if you still need info. Cheers

The OGDC is open 7 days a week excluding public holidays and any important events that may occur.

Edited: 2:41 am, February 19, 2011
Brisbane
2. Re: Kuala Belait - Billionith Barrel Monument and Science centre

Oh thank you so much for your advice...i did mean the OGDC....but couldnt remember the exact name whilst i was typing my initial enquiry. Can I ask is it easy to drive to KB? Is signage clear on the highway and is it easy for an Australian to follow? Thanking you in anticipation :)

brunei
reviews: 20
3. Re: Kuala Belait - Billionith Barrel Monument and Science centre

driving is your best option, allows you to see and explore more of Brunei. driving rules are similar to Aus n Uk. suggest you google to get familiar with highways. enjoy your trip.

UK
reviews: 24
4. Re: Kuala Belait - Billionith Barrel Monument and Science centre

Hi,

I left Brunei about 6 years back, And in all honesty I am not sure if you would want to make the trip just for the monument and the discovery centre.

I went to the centre once or twice and enjoyed it (National Geographic sort of guy) and I must say the centre is quite informative and good for childrens education. It's not the Science museum like you would have say in London or in other western countries.

Same with the monument it's just there.

If you were passing through going to KB, or on route to the Lambir hills outside Miri for example I would say yeah stop and give it a look.

Totally radom for you, but at the time really important for me was the centres cafe doing a nice Burger bearing in mindthe closest McDonalds was either in Gadong or Miri.

Anyway what ever you do, enjoy.

Brisbane
5. Re: Kuala Belait - Billionith Barrel Monument and Science centre

Thanks for the posts everyone...I am a national geographic kinda girl so I am confident to say I would enjoy the OGDC even though it is a fair drive away but I am sure I will discover some beautiful landscape to photograph along the way....

BSB
6. Re: Kuala Belait - Billionith Barrel Monument and Science centre

The road signs are very simple to follow although the only warning i could say is if you do drive at night please be wary on the road as after driving from bandar seri begawan to the jerudong highway passing by the empire hotel & country club which will be on your right and through tutong town which you will come across two traffic lights onto Sg Liang Town which will have two roads conjoined into one so it will be a one way through sg liang town pass through lumut then to anduki and you will see the seria signboard beyond this point and once you turn right to seria just keep going straight and you will see the OGDC after 2 or 3 small little roundabouts.. then the road behind ogdc go left from there and you will come across the Billionth Barrel monument.

What i would suggest is also come see the water village and proboscis monkeys as these primates can only be found on the Borneo Island. They are very shy monkeys with a big tummy and big nose also nicknamed as the Dutchmen after locals came across a comparison of a picture of a dutch man to the proboscis monkeys also we have albino bats that can be found in one of our national parks. If you are really up for adventure then going to see local tribes people would be an absolute treat as you would get to see their culture and their lifestyle.. Do not worry as these tribesman are more modern now having some being muslims or christians and are very welcoming to guests. Do let me know if there is any other interesting things you would like to see during your visit in Brunei

Edited: 3:56 am, March 01, 2011
7. Re: Kuala Belait - Billionith Barrel Monument and Science centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, April 01, 2012