We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Temburong - Canopy Walk

Which Bandar Seri Begawan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 20
Temburong - Canopy Walk

Hi All!

Am hoping to do this tour while we're in Brunei next week but want to be sure I get the clothing right! Being a Brit means we don't always ;-)

Would trainers be fine or even those open velcro strappy sandals? And should long trousers be worn re insect bites or are shorts ok with insect repelent?

Any advice greatfuuly received.

Thanks

Helen

Bandar Seri Begawan
reviews: 13
1. Re: Temburong - Canopy Walk

hi Helen

I would reckon shorts is fine with insect repellent. I usually advise my tourist to bring along insect repellent with them.

Trainers recommended as u'll have to hike a distant to the canopy walk. You might wanna bring an extra pair of sandals if u would like to visit the waterfall.~(Have a swim~)

Hope that helpS.~

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
reviews: 1
2. Re: Temburong - Canopy Walk

We're planning a trip to Brunei also. I've been there once before but just stayed at the empire and went into town. We'd like to do the canopy walk. Do we need shots for Malaria or Yellow Fever?

New Zealand
reviews: 4
3. Re: Temburong - Canopy Walk

Hi Helen, Just did this walk last month with my 35 yeasr old daughter. Its an amazing experience & well worth the effort (& the money) We wore cargo pants, lightweight, with singlet & loose overshirt, easy to remove. You only take camera & water bottle for the hill & tower climb, leaving rest of your pack at Park HQ. We didnt sweim as the water looked a bit murky, others in group went kayaking for the half our after lunch. We just sat with feet in water cooling off. Hope you enjoy as much as we did. Pilli0

Corpus Christi, TX
reviews: 59
4. Re: Temburong - Canopy Walk

PilliO, What tour company did you use?

Thanks,

Jane

New Zealand
reviews: 4
5. Re: Temburong - Canopy Walk

Hi Helen,

Didnt find insects a problem (in June.) Trainers OK, or those Echo sandals with velcro are good too, as they go anywhere & arent too hot. Take a sunhat. Used sunblock on face,& I did take an Aeroguard Tropical Insect repellent with 30+ sunblock in it- if you can get one like that plus a small face stick sunblock that saves space.

We went with Sunshine Borneo Tours, booked from the Hotel desk. Excellent company, prompt, well organised & very good guides-did 2 tours with them.

To the girl who had only 24 hours & took a taxi to see the Prob monkeys for $50, I think you did well!

Didnt need Malaira or Yellow fever, Jimqui - Its a clean country, (except for the rubbish in the river)

kind regards to all.

PilliO

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
reviews: 1
6. Re: Temburong - Canopy Walk

$50 does sound good. I thought I was going to see the Prosp. Monkeys so paid one of the guys in the little wooden boats by the main waterfront to take me for about $15. He drove me up and down the river and showed me some monkeys playing near the King's palace but they were normal monkeys and by then I didn't try to translate any more to explain what I was looking for. Next time I'll arrange a proper tour!

7. Re: Temburong - Canopy Walk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, October 04, 2009