We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shahjalal international - Domestic airport and luggage

Which Dhaka City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Surat, India
shahjalal international - Domestic airport and luggage

Hi ! Namaskar !

we are arrive dhaka international airport and we go to chittagoang through domestic airport.

my Questation is that how much distance between international and domestic airport ? is in same campus or different ? both are in same constuctive area or not ? is Walking distance ? if not then which facelities to go domestic airport ?

and my another Question is about my luggage. I would like to know that what about my luggage ? my luggage directly go to chittagong or not ? i can take my luggage at dhaka international airport and then submitt at domestic airport or my luggage reached domestic airport automatically ? I do not want my luggage at dhaka then what procedure to do that my luggage gone directly at chittagong airport ? please reply as soon as possible. heartly thanking for this web.

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 2
1. Re: shahjalal international - Domestic airport and luggage

You will have to pick up your luggage in order to clear customs. You would then take your luggage to the domestic terminal and check in for the flight to Chittagong.The domestic terminal is part of the same airport, maybe a ten minute walk from the international arrivals terminal.

London, United...
reviews: 18
2. Re: shahjalal international - Domestic airport and luggage

Upon arrival you will need to take your luggage and clear customs. Then go to the domestic airport (when you come out of Shahjalal Int. Airport it will be a bit ahead on your right) which is walking distance, check in with your luggage in the domestic airport.

Have a safe journey.

Dhaka City...
reviews: 6
3. Re: shahjalal international - Domestic airport and luggage

Option 1: You should complete your customs, then collect your luggage. Then go to domestic terminal (5 min walk) and check in with your airlines.

Option 2: I guess you are coming from india. There is a direct flight from Kolkata to Chittagong by united air (http://www.uabdl.com). Think it is convenient for you.

UK
reviews: 91
4. Re: shahjalal international - Domestic airport and luggage

Hi, Salam.

Have you booked the domestic flights already???

The answers to your questions have been replied already though.

However, keep in mind that sometimes waiting in the baggage area at the International area may take a long time if you are unlucky. So hope your domestic flight is not an hour after your arrival at Dhaka.

If you have alot of luggage with you then I will advise that you check what the allowance is on the domestic leg of your journey.

England
reviews: 1
5. Re: shahjalal international - Domestic airport and luggage

Found your post via a google search and the transfer details very helpful. More advice if possible / suggestions from other travellers.

I'm arriving Emirates to international and need to fly out from domestic 4 hours later on a small plane to Cox's Bazar, but not yet bought my ticket because:-

I e-mailed the airline ( United ) to ask about luggage allowance as it doesn't seem to appear anywhere on their web site but they have just ignored me.

Anybody taken this small plane and can confirm allowance. I've got 30Kg with Emirates and am assuming that will be too much for domestic

Kolkata (Calcutta...
reviews: 31
6. Re: shahjalal international - Domestic airport and luggage

@indianbackpacker

dont take too much stress

you will get get tkts on arrival, if not united, then regent

domestic terminal is mere 200 mtrs distance from intl. (right hand move)

baggage allowance is not a sincere prob in BD airlines, as they allow bigger baggage in cabin also.

stafford UK
reviews: 22
7. Re: shahjalal international - Domestic airport and luggage

Sharmacal is right - no need to worry about tickets to Cox's Bazar, I used United and turned up and bought my tickets on the day. Nice little propeller driven Fokker. I think it was around 7000 taka. Seagull hotel is nice in Cox's Bazar

stafford UK
reviews: 22
8. Re: shahjalal international - Domestic airport and luggage

Forgot to mention that luggage is not a problem either, most of the flights are half empty and they are not strict about weight, they are pleased to have you flying with them.

Exeter
9. Re: shahjalal international - Domestic airport and luggage

Domestic section is only few minutes walk. You have to collect your luggage for domestic flight. Go through custom and turn right to collect luggage. Go through custom and it is sign posted for domestic or ask anyone at custom.

denmark
reviews: 3
10. Re: shahjalal international - Domestic airport and luggage

Gulam C welcome to TA and great advice - maybe four months too late:-)

Kirsten