We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I go to Armenia and then to AZ?

Which Baku hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
reviews: 3
Can I go to Armenia and then to AZ?

I read that I have to go to AZ first and then Armenia.

I must not have Armenia in my passport.

I will not be going to the disputed area.

I'm getting different information and I want to verify what is correct.

Please tell me. If anyone can provide a link to an official site I would appreciate it.

I understand that to go from Armenia, I must pass through Georgia to get to AZ. But if I have a Armenia stamp, I can't get it?

10 replies to this topic
Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 2
1. Re: Can I go to Armenia and then to AZ?

You should have no problem as long as you don't have a Nagorno-Karabakh stamp in your passport. There are a few posters on the LP forums who went in this order. Sorry nothing official on the topic.

San Francisco...
2. Re: Can I go to Armenia and then to AZ?

i also read that you can't have certain things with armenia written on it. for example the lonely planet book.

but what about souvenirs. i read that they search your bags. so if i had an armenian product:

1 will they take it.

2 will that deny me entry into AZ.

thanks beentheredone...

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 2
3. Re: Can I go to Armenia and then to AZ?

Can't help with those specific questions. To avoid any problems why not just go in the other direction. You have to go through Georgia regardless.

San Francisco...
4. Re: Can I go to Armenia and then to AZ?

i couldn't.

Washington DC...
reviews: 177
5. Re: Can I go to Armenia and then to AZ?

I have gone to Azerbaijan, then to Armenia, and back to Azerbaijan without any problems because of the visas in my passport. I have heard stories of border guards in Azerbaijan throwing away travel guides to Armenia, though I haven't actually experienced that myself.

Ireland
reviews: 66
6. Re: Can I go to Armenia and then to AZ?

I've used the same passport for Armenia and Azerbaijan a number of times. You might get a dirty look from the passport stamper but that's all.

Derby, United...
7. Re: Can I go to Armenia and then to AZ?

As long as you are not Armenian then there is no reason why you should not be able to get into Azerbaijan after travelling to Armenia. As an earlier poster mentioned - if you visited Nagorno-Karabakh, first, then technically you are persona non grata and then they will not let you in - but typically this would be based on a visa stamp in your passport of NKR.

Good luck

www.Artsakh.Org.UK

Edited: 9:27 pm, February 13, 2013
Baku
8. Re: Can I go to Armenia and then to AZ?

Dear RachelSFnative,

You should have no problem as long as you don't have a Nagorno-Karabakh stamp in your passport.

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 213
9. Re: Can I go to Armenia and then to AZ?

The Nagorno Karabagh visa is a separate piece of paper. You can't enter Azerbaijan from NK but you can from Armenia. Just be sure you put your NK visa away somewhere.

San Francisco...
reviews: 141
10. Re: Can I go to Armenia and then to AZ?

As long as you're not an Armenian Citizen going with an Armenian Passport or a passport that has a visa stamp of Nagorno-Karabakh you will be fine. Just have all documents ready. I flew into Baku from Tbilisi, I had visited Armenia prior to Georgia. The immigration officer in Baku called over a Senior Officer whom had my passport looked over since I had an Armenian Visa. After that they allowed me in the country.

Reply to: Can I go to Armenia and then to AZ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted