We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire in Yerevan, Armenia

Which Yerevan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 7
Car Hire in Yerevan, Armenia

With Avan Guard we suffered a bad experience hiring a 7 seater Toyota Prado with driver for the four of us for 5 days. The driver was fine but the management continuously misled us. Initially they sent a 5 seater to pick us up due to a mechanical problem with the Prado. They only agreed to replace it the next day after much phoning and insisting we give $50 to pay for the petrol to swap the cars between Goris & Yerevan. At the end of the 5 days although we had left Yerevan with an empty tank they wanted us to leave the Prado full. After nearly an hour on the phone we insisted that we would not pay more than another $50 which represented enough fuel to cover over 1600 kms when we had only done 1000. Not to be trusted.

30 replies to this topic
Hong Kong, China
reviews: 3
11. Re: Car Hire in Yerevan, Armenia

Can I rent a car in Yerevan and then drive to Tbilisi for a two days trip? Any problem for a rental car to cross the border?

Should I hire a taxi for the two days trip, or can I rent a car with driver? I will go with my wife and my 2 young children.

What should be the daily car rental rate including zero or very low CDW excess? If the rate is high, is it possible to hire a car with driver for day time?

Thanks.

Malmesbury, United...
reviews: 143
12. Re: Car Hire in Yerevan, Armenia

Hi Lin,

Can I suggest you read my earlier mails on this thread. I am certain the company I use when there will assist you although I have never driven to Tbilisi myself during my visits. One thing is certain they have safe drivers, good vehicles and speak English. Give them a try.

13. Re: Car Hire in Yerevan, Armenia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:26 pm, April 09, 2013

14. Re: Car Hire in Yerevan, Armenia

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

15. Re: Car Hire in Yerevan, Armenia

16. Re: Car Hire in Yerevan, Armenia

Malmesbury, United...
17. Re: Car Hire in Yerevan, Armenia

I have today received an update on a post I placed some good time ago wherein I offered advice based on my own experience gathered over visiting Armenia more than 50 times over a 23 year period. I was of the opinion that comments in both reports and on forums were based on ones experiences in terms of places to visit, costs, recommendations etc. it was therefore more than a little surprising that I should be advised of an "answer" to my post only to view 3 or more pure adverts emanating from a car hire company. They may well be exceptional, I have no knowledge of them but I do believe we the users of this forum should be guided by our fellow travellers and not the hard sell of any form of business organization.

Tbilisi
18. Re: Car Hire in Yerevan, Armenia

Rent a http://naniko.am

They do not have problems.

Comfortable car and good service

Malmesbury, United...
19. Re: Car Hire in Yerevan, Armenia

Hi, I was saddened to read of your experiences more so when it is a repeat of the story told by others over the years.

I am and have been since 1988 a very frequent visitor to Armenia and have like others been the subject of shoddy service in the past. It was for that reason that I wrote (more than once) offering my advice on car hire, be it self drive or chauffeur driven hire. I have for several years now used Beau Monde Hire located within (but not part of) the Marriot Hotel. The lady that runs this company and her drivers are honest, helpful and will provide all would be hirers with a level of service that is based on sound vehicles and hard working English speaking drivers.

20. Re: Car Hire in Yerevan, Armenia

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:05 pm, May 26, 2013

Reply to: Car Hire in Yerevan, Armenia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Yerevan