We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nha Trang vs Hoi An

Which Nha Trang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Cruz, CA
reviews: 5
Nha Trang vs Hoi An

Friends,

I am agonizing about how to spend my 21 days in Vietnam.

After Hanoi, Sapa, & Halong Bay, I want either to fly to Danang and visit Hoi An OR I want to fly to Nha Trang, stay at Ana Mandara Resort and visit Buon Ma Thuot for some sort of little adventure to experience the Ede music, stay in a long house, etc.

I can not do both. I'm not into the beach scene much, but Ana Mandara does sound like a lot of fun. But, is there anything of cultural value in the area? Hoi An from the photos looks quite interesting culturally, but???

Gad, can anyone help me decide between these two appealing locations?

Thanks, Richard

BMT, Central...
1. Re: Nha Trang vs Hoi An

Why fly. Leaving Ha Noi late at night, a sleeper train will get you into either Hue or Da Nang early the next morning and then a bus will take you into Hoi An.

Hoi An is known for it's t ailoring indusrty, food and beaches. The town is an ancient trading port and it has been decided to move the tailor shops out of downtown and feature the ancient trades and crafts.

Ana Mandara is your typical western imitation tropical resort, this one on an island - which imprisons 'guests' and allows them to syphon off all your dollars.

Nha Trang is a resort town - there is a little 'culture' in the form of Cham Towers.

I live in Buon Ma Thuot and if you locate the traffic circle / roundabout with the army tank on it - adjacent is a white hotel with a temporary looking building in its car park.

This building houses the DakLak Tourism Office and will be able to help you locate the First Nations you desire.

Hue is the real cultural centre of VietNam (except for the air strip the Americans built in the Citadel) - it lies 4 hours north of Da Nang.

Nha Trang no longer has a civil airport - the replacement i\s Cam Ranh Bay - 40 kilometres south of Nha Trang.

2. Re: Nha Trang vs Hoi An

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 am, August 24, 2009