We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bank Card

Which Nha Trang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 6
Bank Card

Just wondering if any Aussies,know of a bank card that can be used for withdrawals from ATMs in Vietnam that charges little or no fee? Preferably one that I can organize before my trip in Late March. Thank you.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 3
1. Re: Bank Card

Citibank Plus Visa Debit card - not specific to Vietnam of course.

Hanoi
2. Re: Bank Card

Hi Wodney1,

You'd better use ANZ bank to withdraw 9 million each so that you can save bank fee.

Happy travel!

Hanoi Eco Tour

3. Re: Bank Card

Thanks mate I will look into it.

4. Re: Bank Card

Thanks mate I will look into it...The card that is! Is there an ANZ branch in Nha Trang?

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 3
5. Re: Bank Card

ANZ charges $5 plus 3% in overseas ATMs and 3% if paying a bill e.g. hotel/restaurant overseas.

Citibank Plus - no charge.

So in Vietnam using ANZ in an ANZ ATM - assuming one is convenient to you - will save on the Vietnam ATM based fee but not those fees from home.

On 9,000,000 Dong withdrawal from ATM the ANZ fee is $19.10! If you think that's a good deal go for it.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
6. Re: Bank Card

no ANZ in nha trang

7. Re: Bank Card

Thanks guys,looks like it's a Citi Bank Card for me then! Cheers.

Burleigh Heads...
8. Re: Bank Card

Hi Fidelcastro1941, we are travelling through Japan next month and looking for a debit card fee free as you describe above. My only concern with Citi Bank Plus Debit Card is that the web site indicated that it is only free at Citi Bank ATM's. Can you comment on this? In Japan apparently the most accessible ATM's are Post Offices and 7-11's.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
reviews: 52
9. Re: Bank Card

I suspect what they mean, Anne, is that non-Citibank ATMs may impose a small fee for use of the ATM.

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
reviews: 13
10. Re: Bank Card

Every card will be charger locally, 30000/50000d in Vietnam, 150b in Thailand.

What you can save is the home cost and the cut they get from Visa/MasterCard on the exchange rate...

A free debit card means your bank will not charge you, others will...

NOTE: for Vietnam only in HCMC Commonwealth Bank is free no limits

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293921-s601/Vietnam:…

Edited: 6:52 am, April 30, 2014