We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

whale island. Nha Trang

Which Nha Trang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wallasey, United...
whale island. Nha Trang

saw a post that suggested australian dollars is expected currency on this island not vnd , is this the case please?

London
reviews: 3
1. Re: whale island. Nha Trang

Last I looked, Whale Island is in Vietnam. Legal tender is VND, nothing else.

Wallasey, United...
2. Re: whale island. Nha Trang

cheers for that jim .

Nha Trang, Vietnam
reviews: 23
3. Re: whale island. Nha Trang

Everything is in Dong but often quoted in foreign currency for convenience and understanding for the customer. If they are asking for your currecy to book, odds are it is a 3rd party company. A Tip for whale Island..... be very clear on what is included in the cost.

owee58

vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
reviews: 12
4. Re: whale island. Nha Trang

I very much doubt that and it would be against the law.

Ho Chi Minh City...
5. Re: whale island. Nha Trang

I dont think so, I have been living in Việt Nam for a long time and VND is much more preferred. The best choice is VND. Never exchange your money at the airport, go to Vietcombank or some store which sell gold. their rate is much higher.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
6. Re: whale island. Nha Trang

yes, indeed , it is against the law to demand payment in any currency other than vnd

Ho Chi Minh City...
Destination Expert
for Phu Quoc Island
reviews: 6
7. Re: whale island. Nha Trang

And whale island being own by a french expat, i doubt he cares about aussi dollars

8. Re: whale island. Nha Trang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, April 11, 2014