We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taking Daughter of 2 ?

Which Nha Trang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 1
Taking Daughter of 2 ?

My husband and I are considering taking our daughter with us on our honeymoon in March. We really want to go back to Vietnam because we loved our previous stay there. Our daughter will be just 2 when we are hoping to go in March. We want to go to Hanoi and then down to Nha Trang to the Mia Resort in 10 nights. Does anyone know if Vietnam is suitable for such a young baby? i know these areas dont have malaria but supposedly she would need jabs? which im not convinced i feel confident in giving her at such a young age?

Any advice would be amazing.

Sarah

Nha Trang, Vietnam
reviews: 24
11. Re: Taking Daughter of 2 ?

Your baby will be adored by everybody. I have never experienced a people who love children more than the Vietnamese do. I also suggest a back or chest carrier as the uneaven pavement and heavy traffic can make a strollers inconvenient. Perhaps you might want to split your time up between the Mia and the Novatel for a balance of away relaxation, and closeness to the tours, restaraunts, attractions, and action.

Owee

www.owee58.com

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 120
12. Re: Taking Daughter of 2 ?

three years ago my sister and her husband and their two year old son came with us on one of our trips to Vietnam. we took both one of those back-carrying thingys, and a good stroller.

I think a stroller is imperative as at two year's old, that heat is exhausting and our baby slept in his stroller a LOT- including when we were eating dinner and he would just flake out and sleep right through, giving us all a little break.

We made sure to book hotels with swimming pools and would take him in the water regularly every day- to cool off.

With regard to Malaria- i have to admit, i didn't even think about it, and we even took him for a couple of days to Mai Chau and visited the country market there where every single person had to touch him and fondle him, and it was a bit scary as his clothes and legs quickly became black and grubby, but, it all went well, no mishaps and he had a wonderful time, as did his parents and us.

we went to Hanoi, Halong Bay, Mai Chau and Hoi An and there was never any problem pushing the stroller around.

Perth, WA
reviews: 11
13. Re: Taking Daughter of 2 ?

We took our 16 month old last year and would definitely do it again. We gave her hepatitis A vaccine before leaving and all other immunisations on infant schedule were up to date. We took prepacked baby food and she also ate lots of fresh fruit and local food such as stifrys & fried rice freshly prepared at restaurants served steaming hot.

I don't agree that eating at hotels is the best option. So many people I know have had food poisoning eating at hotel restaurants. Restaurants in busy towns get their food fresh daily from local markets and if served hot should generally be fine.

We took a stroller which was great for out on the road and also doubled up as a chair for her in restaurants as most places don't have highchairs. It is too hot in Vietnam to carry a child in a sling/baby carrier for long periods.

Also travel with a good first aid kit. There is no concern for malaria in the places you are travelling but do take a good mosquito repellant.

We are planning our next trip atm for next year to phu quoc, hoi an and hcmc. Don't be worried about taking your toddler. You will have a great time. Just go prepared. Hope this helps. pm me if you have any questions.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
14. Re: Taking Daughter of 2 ?

I think your family should stay near the center in case your child has some problem with health. It will be convenient for you to take her to meet the doctor. As you know the child when meet the different place , also can meet some problem with health. So be careful and preparing for your child is necessary.

USA
reviews: 8
15. Re: Taking Daughter of 2 ?

thats a good idea of using the stroller as a highchair substitue. we are going to vn in a few weeks and bringing along our 15 month old. thinking of bringing the big bulky stoller instead of the flimsy one though. its a more comfortable for the baby and it reclines so the kid can sleep better.

we have sceduled the day around his sleeping habits. activities before noon. nap. then indoor activities (mall with a/c) or pool time. nap around 4ish. dinner and whatever activity until he goes to sleep.

we plan to be in danang, hoian, hanoi. should be intresting. not planning to do any tours. just will be wandering the towns.

USA
reviews: 8
16. Re: Taking Daughter of 2 ?

as far as food, my kid for some reason loves avacados. so we were planning to pick up a few at the market, they keep relatively well and are travel-friendly. and he'll eat any type of meat or meat product. like cha lua.

my concern is that he wont like the milk over there. dutchlady milk right? any other milk available? and do the sell liter size? if he doesnt like the milk, hes going to be eating a lot of laughing cow cheese.

as far as health/illness, we are just planning to go to the best place money can buy. our insurance will reinburst 100%. planning to bring cough/cold syrup. fever meds. butt rash paste. diapers galore (staying for 5 week).

we will be staying with family most of the time and im not sure how hes going to like his clothes being hung dry.

so much to worry about!

Perth, WA
reviews: 11
17. Re: Taking Daughter of 2 ?

We found dutch lady to be the best but only found it in the small tetra packs but very cheap. There is a Vietnam brand tetra pack milk available but stick with the Dutch lady and be careful because there is one with sugar and one without. Enjoy your trip

vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
reviews: 17
18. Re: Taking Daughter of 2 ?

Plenty of choices of milk here, powdered, long lasting and fresh. Vinamilk is the most popular local brand. You will also find good yoghurt and drinking yoghurt.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
19. Re: Taking Daughter of 2 ?

no need to bring diapers, they sell these here all over the place

20. Re: Taking Daughter of 2 ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, August 10, 2013