We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The old airport at San Bay

Which Nha Trang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Southport
reviews: 2
The old airport at San Bay

Hi

We're thinking of staying near the old San Bay Nha Trang airport and I read somewhere that it is being used to train military pilots. Does it get used often and cause a lot of noise? Would it be better to get a hotel further away?

Thanks

pgh, pa
Destination Expert
for Da Nang
reviews: 101
1. Re: The old airport at San Bay

I don't believe that is still the case, but check with Owee to be sure. I thought that even the training flights were cancelled.

Drifter

www.vnfrom.blogspot.com

Nha Trang, Vietnam
reviews: 3
2. Re: The old airport at San Bay

It is still in use, but not at all noisy, the planes are small. I have not seen any of the old military jets the last 3-4 years. When I was there in June a small single engine craft was flying circles over the city. Only think that could make any noise would be a chopper and I have seen none of those over Nha Trang.

vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
reviews: 16
3. Re: The old airport at San Bay

They train every second day, only in the morning. Shouldn't be a problem. That area of town is not that popular with foreigners but nothing wrong with it.

4. Re: The old airport at San Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 08, 2012