We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hue to Hoi An by hired car?

Which Hue hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 10
Hue to Hoi An by hired car?

Hi,

I saw the 2010 post on this but was wondering if anyone could provide some more up to date answers.

I'm wanting to travel by hired car from Hue to Hoi An. Can any one advise where I can find a driver? (safe driver who speaks a little English with air con car preferably).

How much should this cost for 2 people and a bit of luggage (1 case each not huge)?

We'd like to stop along the way at Marble mountain, for a swim maybe at Elephant springs and for lunch. Could this be done between say 10am and 4pm?

Thank you for any advice or answers.

x

Philadelphia...
reviews: 117
11. Re: Hue to Hoi An by hired car?

I am looking to do this Dec 13 if anyone wants to share a private car.

Ottawa
reviews: 13
12. Re: Hue to Hoi An by hired car?

My wife and I are looking into the same trip Hoi Ann to Hue on January 23rd AM. Anyone interested in sharing a car that day?

Sydney
reviews: 133
13. Re: Hue to Hoi An by hired car?

Hey guys,

You can share all you want but at the end of the day you can spend 3 hours watching the most amazing scenery in the world for 60 bucks per car. GOLD !!!

Mark

Penang Island...
reviews: 7
14. Re: Hue to Hoi An by hired car?

How would you go getting a private car from Hue airport to Hoi An for a day trip. If the plane lands at 10 am, would that be enough time to get to Hoi An over the pass and all.

No-one seems to be doing it this way. I have made of choice of Hoi An over Hue to spend 3 or 4 days in but wouldn't mind fitting the drive from Hue to Hoi An in as well. It will be the third week of January next year. Possibility of a misty day from what I've read so perhaps it isn't worth worrying about.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
reviews: 52
15. Re: Hue to Hoi An by hired car?

If you plan to return to Hue it makes it a very long day, especially as you aren't arriving until 10am. Figure on at least three hours on the road, so by the time you're out of the airport and all organised you'll be arriving in Hoi An (assuming you don't stop along the way) at about 1-1.30pm. Say half an hour for lunch and you only have four-five hours to sight see before returning to Hue. I personally would not like to travel that road in the dark, it can be rather hair raising in daylight.

Coolum Beach...
reviews: 2
16. Re: Hue to Hoi An by hired car?

Richella,

I do not think it is a good idea at all!---not to be considered on the basis of time, what you will see, how tiring such a day will be, and the danger on that road at night!

Respectfully forget!

plover

P.S. ---I have done this road both ways more times than I can remember!

Hue, Vietnam
17. Re: Hue to Hoi An by hired car?

it is easy to find the driver as your request online. You can ask the hotel to help you or local booking office at Chu Van An or Pham Ngu Lao Street,

From 65 USD for 2 guests from Hue to Hoi An now.

reviews: 6
18. Re: Hue to Hoi An by hired car?

Good company in hoian can arrange English speaking driver from hue to hoi an we did the reverse trip in September this year made stops at colon beach marble mountain hi van pass total was 75 dollars aust good value name of company is laughing roo tours owners names are Leigh and dzung relly friendly and helpful

19. Re: Hue to Hoi An by hired car?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:05 am, November 14, 2013
20. Re: Hue to Hoi An by hired car?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, November 16, 2014