We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Danang to Hue

Which Hue hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Malaysia
reviews: 21
Danang to Hue

Could someone pls advise regarding transport from Danang Airport to Hue? We arrive around 3pm at Danang airport. Should we catch a cab to the town and catch a train to Hue or have the Hue hotel to pick usdirectly from the Danang airport to Hue? Thank you

Hanoi, Vietnam
1. Re: Danang to Hue

I think you should take a bus and taxi from airport da nang to Hue. Because I have checked train schedule and found that from Dang nang to Hue depart at 18:25. (You must wait from 15:00 until 18:25. Its lost your time!)

cheers!

Malaysia
2. Re: Danang to Hue

Thanks. Our hotel is happy to pick us up (4 of us) from Danang airport to Hue for US65. I have read somewhere the train ride from Danang to Hue is very scenic and i dont want to miss out this. FYI, we will be travelling by private car from Hue to Hoi An after 2 days' stay in Hue. Any more suggestions pls?

Forster, Australia
reviews: 68
3. Re: Danang to Hue

The pickup fare of $65 for 4 pax is quite reasonable and hopefully your driver wil take you over the Hai Vanh pass rather than taking the tunnel which the buses do. The train trip is very scenic and not to be missed if it fits in with your schedule. However if it leaves at 18:25, you will have quite a wait and then you will not see much because of darkness. I suggest that you have a night in Da Nang and then get the morning train, if there is one - otherwise on your journey to Hoi Ann take the train from Hue to Danang and the get picked up by car or taxi to Hoi An. To get the best view on the train you want to be in the rear half of the carriage to get a forward facing seat, on the right side if doing Da Nang/Hue or on the left if in reverse.

Greg

Edited: 10:53 pm, July 28, 2012
Malaysia
4. Re: Danang to Hue

Thanks for being so helpful and informative. If we are picked up by the Hue hotel private car, could we request them to take the scenic train route? If they cant is it because the terrain is too steep and dangerous?

Pls advise. Thanks again.

Eindhoven, The...
reviews: 1
5. Re: Danang to Hue

Chewy,

You can do it for the price of $55 or lesser, please don't let the price go up, when it's not necessary.

Malaysia
6. Re: Danang to Hue

Thank you.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
reviews: 52
7. Re: Danang to Hue

There is no road alongside the train line as far as I remember. In many places the track runs through a tiny tunnel bored through the rock so I'm guessing there definitely is no road. The normal road route is higher up but equally scenic, if slightly different. But you must insist the driver go through the Hai Van Pass, and NOT the tunnel, which is not scenic (and misses the best views).

Edited: 4:00 am, July 29, 2012
Malaysia
8. Re: Danang to Hue

Thanks. If we use the Hai van Pass on the way to Hue, do we use the same way from Hue to Hoi An?

pgh, pa
Destination Expert
for Da Nang
reviews: 117
9. Re: Danang to Hue

Why backtrack on your trip....go straight to Hoi An then to Hue via train if you wish.

Malaysia
10. Re: Danang to Hue

We arrive in Danang and fly of from Danang airport. I believe Hoi An and Hue are two opposite directions so it doenot matter whcih town I go first right? Appreciate more inputs pls? Thx