We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maximum Height/Weight to go inside Cu Chi Tunnel?

Which Ho Chi Minh City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
reviews: 30
Maximum Height/Weight to go inside Cu Chi Tunnel?

Just wondering what is the Maximum Height/Weight to go inside Cu Chi Tunnel? There does not seem to be any official height/weight requirement but will probably pass on the tour if had to miss crucial parts (like under ground parts) of the tour or made very uncomfortable in doing so. I've read it was made wider for tourists but no where it states to what degree.

Sydney
1. Re: Maximum Height/Weight to go inside Cu Chi Tunnel?

So just how tall, wide and heavy are you?

And are you in any degree claustrophobic or given to panic attacks?

Best regards. Ian

Melbourne
reviews: 47
2. Re: Maximum Height/Weight to go inside Cu Chi Tunnel?

I went through (on my second visit) when I was 120kgs and 183cm tall ....... and slightly caustrophobic

Singapore
reviews: 3
3. Re: Maximum Height/Weight to go inside Cu Chi Tunnel?

damn it)) now I think of that too. I am 6'2'', tell me pls Phiota if you find any info abt requirements. TIA

Lincoln, United...
reviews: 28
4. Re: Maximum Height/Weight to go inside Cu Chi Tunnel?

While there are parts of the tour underground, the various traps used etc can be seen above ground as well. Even at 6ft and 95kg I found it fairly hard work. You tend to sweat a lot. I can well imagine some people getting freaked out by the closeness of it all. You really need to be crawling along rather than trying to stay clean.

Los Angeles...
reviews: 30
5. Re: Maximum Height/Weight to go inside Cu Chi Tunnel?

I'm 6 ft (183m) and 233 pound (106 kg). Searched and found this interesting blog from this lady who by the pictures do not look too tall or heavy. I've never been too worried or claustrophobic about tight spaces but of course I've mostly lived in USA which is famous or infamous for it's big and tall everything :-).

…tumblr.com/post/4207596266/claustrophobia-i…

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
reviews: 51
6. Re: Maximum Height/Weight to go inside Cu Chi Tunnel?

they widened the tunnels for westerners so even a large person will have no issue. You will be crawling or shuffling in a crouched state. Very dark/hot/humid. :D

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
reviews: 52
7. Re: Maximum Height/Weight to go inside Cu Chi Tunnel?

DH who is 6ft and 80kgs went in and said he had to bend over to get through, it's not tall enough to stand upright. There are three exits, one at 30,. one at 60m and one at 90m. DH had had enough by the first exit. One young man whose belongings I was minding went the full distance and came out the colour of a tomato, as it was so very hot in there.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
8. Re: Maximum Height/Weight to go inside Cu Chi Tunnel?

I really wouldn't miss out on the tour as going inside the tunnels is a very small part of it.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
reviews: 52
9. Re: Maximum Height/Weight to go inside Cu Chi Tunnel?

Totally agree Chrella, I never had any intention of going in the tunnels but there was a ton of stuff to see and do. The ten minutes I spent waiting for the others who wanted to go in the tunnels was a very small part of the whole tour.

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
reviews: 51
10. Re: Maximum Height/Weight to go inside Cu Chi Tunnel?

Going in sort of gives you an idea on what sort of hell it was in those places. Amazing there was 3 levels of that too and smaller than the widened tourist tunnel. CRAZY!!! I went the full length and I am 120KG and 1.90m - it was a pain in the bum but I was happy I did it.