We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vinasun Taxi Service in HCM

Which Ho Chi Minh City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Hampton
reviews: 90
Vinasun Taxi Service in HCM

It is difficult to find taxi services that are reputable when traveling in HCM. However we found Vinasun taxi service (green and white taxi color) to use the meter and be the most straighforward service around town. Just wanted to let you know!

8 replies to this topic
Ho Chi Minh City...
1. Re: Vinasun Taxi Service in HCM

Thanks for your tips. Make sure you check driver uniform too (some fake out there). Vinasun drivers wear white shirt with red tie while Mai Linh drivers wear green tie.

Parramatta...
reviews: 392
2. Re: Vinasun Taxi Service in HCM

Vinasun are pretty good arnt they, Mai Linh have been good for a long time too.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 69
3. Re: Vinasun Taxi Service in HCM

Hi,

Yes the vinasun taxi have good service. And the driver drive carefully.

You can use that taxi when you travel to Việt Nam

Saigon
reviews: 4
4. Re: Vinasun Taxi Service in HCM

Yeap, stick with Mailinh and Vina sun. you all will be safe

Cheers

Bangkok, Thailand
5. Re: Vinasun Taxi Service in HCM

Thanks for your sharing but I think that Vinasun is not the only good brand in Hồ Chí Minh.

Mai Linh is good too :3

Norwich, United...
reviews: 42
6. Re: Vinasun Taxi Service in HCM

We were ripped off by Vinasun. We arrived on the bus from Mui Ne and not knowing where our hotel was we got in a taxi. Unbeknown to us our hotel was 500 metres down the road. The taxi driver took us on a 15 minute journey costing US$15. We had to ask him to put the meter on and the meter seemed decidedly dodgy - suddenly jumping 50,000 dong in the last 30 seconds. Best advice we can give is have a map and know where your hotel is in relation to the bus stop.

HKG
reviews: 17
7. Re: Vinasun Taxi Service in HCM

I just got back from HCMC, my experiences with Vinasun were not so favorable. My first two trips, short distances I was shorted a dollar by both drivers. I don't know if there is a minimum fare requirement or what but I do take responsibility for my initial lack of familiarity with the local currency and only realizing after I had gotten out how much I change I had been given.

Another time I took a cab to a friends place with the address written on a piece of paper, the next day I took the same ride from the same location, the driver must have taken a different route because the cost was 45vnd or around two dollars more than the previous time.

My final time getting to the airport from Bui Vien was ok, 137k vnd which was consistent with what most people seemed to pay for the same distance. I paid 140 the guy asked me for 10k additional for the toll, I read in the past that the passenger isn't required to pay this, I don't know if it's true or not but I argued the fact and the driver eventually stopped asking me for it but didn't give me back my 3k vnd change.

Aberdeen, United...
reviews: 108
8. Re: Vinasun Taxi Service in HCM

We use Saigon Tourist taxis and never had any problems

Reply to: Vinasun Taxi Service in HCM
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted