We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying a hair straightener/flat iron in HCMC?

Which Ho Chi Minh City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ho Chi Minh City
Buying a hair straightener/flat iron in HCMC?

Just curious of where I can buy a hair straightener or flat iron in HCMC. My hair is crazy these days. Thanks in advance.

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 12
1. Re: Buying a hair straightener/flat iron in HCMC?

Try Diamond Plaza in district 1. We bought swimming goggles for our daughter and they should carry that as well.

Sydney
2. Re: Buying a hair straightener/flat iron in HCMC?

Which country are you from and what is your national electric supply?

Vietnam operates on a 220/240 volt 50 Hz system so this matches many other countries.

However, the VN plug may require you to use an adapter for the life of the appliance once you get home and start using it.

Best regards. Ian

Ho Chi Minh City
3. Re: Buying a hair straightener/flat iron in HCMC?

I have one at home in America. I just need one here in Vietnam since I will be here for over a year. Just curious about good electronic or beauty supply stores that might carry them.

Thanks!

Sydney
reviews: 107
4. Re: Buying a hair straightener/flat iron in HCMC?

Ask the girls at your hotel reception. They are a wealth of knowledge in all things regarding beauty care. (My wife got heaps of shopping bargains with their info:-)

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
reviews: 52
5. Re: Buying a hair straightener/flat iron in HCMC?

I wouldn't have thought a hair straightener would be something there would be a big market for in Viet Nam.

Lincoln, United...
reviews: 26
6. Re: Buying a hair straightener/flat iron in HCMC?

Try the Thương Xá Tax building, ground floor (opp Rex Hotel), cheaper than Diamond Plaza. But they are on sale everywhere.

YorkFoodie There might not be many with frizzie hair but if there is one thing Vietnamese women like and that is dead straight hair after a shower. Speeds up the drying process!

Edited: 2:55 am, February 09, 2013
7. Re: Buying a hair straightener/flat iron in HCMC?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 11, 2014