We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Continental, Grand or Rex?

Which Ho Chi Minh City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philippines
Continental, Grand or Rex?

We're finalizing our plan to go to HCMC. And we're choosing from the 3 hotels - Rex, Continental & Grand. Anybody, please share what you about these hotels. Thanks.

1. Re: Continental, Grand or Rex?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, April 25, 2006
Hanoi
2. Re: Continental, Grand or Rex?

I will go for Grand,

For my own experience BF in grand is good. room decor is better than REX and CONTI, swimming pool is OK, service is good...

REX is too boring for me and everything happening sllloowwwwlyyyy in that Hotel :-)

I have never stayed in Continental

Philippines
3. Re: Continental, Grand or Rex?

Thanks. I'll consider your comments. Maybe, will stay at the Grand.

Long Beach...
4. Re: Continental, Grand or Rex?

All three hotels offer compatible services - 3 stars level, and located within 1 block of each other. Continental & The Grand hotels are from the French Colonial era. The Rex is from Vietnam War era - it was the headquarter of the Press Corps during the war. Both Continental & Rex are located at corner of busy Square - Continental at Lam Son Square (right across the street from the Opera House - another great example of French colonial architecture); Rex is at Nguyen Hue Square.

The Rex is somewhat gaudy with dated furnitures. The Continental because of its location always seem chaotic; it is reputed to be the backgound of the novel: 'The Quiet American'.

Personally, I would recommend The Grand Hotel for its understated classical elegance and quiet location. It is also located right across one of my favorite cafe - Paris Deli.