We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cyclo tours

Which Ho Chi Minh City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
perth
reviews: 1
cyclo tours

would like to know of anyones experiences with these tours, and which one best.

Was thinking this would be a nice introduction for us to see some sights before venturing out on our own.

54 replies to this topic
Ho Chi Minh City...
reviews: 4
41. Re: cyclo tours

A tricky question to answer as so many foreigners have had very mixed experiences of cyclo tours. I'd personally suggest organising one through your hotel, this will guarantee you a safe tour and will save you from any awkward bartering. Never accept a tour from a cyclo driver who approaches you on the street - he will not only charge you a fortune but you could also be susceptible to other scams and possible muggings.

The organised cyclo tours, in my experience, are great fun and a fantastic way to see the city. Just ensure you book through your hotel.

Hope this helps!

http://cokerri.wordpress.com

42. Re: cyclo tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:05 am, November 19, 2013

43. Re: cyclo tours

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

44. Re: cyclo tours

45. Re: cyclo tours

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:46 am, February 06, 2014

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
reviews: 32
46. Re: cyclo tours

This is a post over 18 months old. Nothing has changed. This thread is being kept alive by those who would benefit. Cyclo's cannot be recommended as they are still continuing with their scams and threatening behaviour with no interest by the authorities to manage them.

Cheers Ross

Ho Chi Minh City...
reviews: 4
47. Re: cyclo tours

As long as you organise a cyclo tour through an official tour operator, the tours are all very similar!

Just don't accept a cyclo tour from a driver who approaches you on the street - this is where many tourists fall victim to scams. Ask your hotel if they deal directly with any tour providers, they will point you towards a safe and enjoyable cyclo experience.

Hope this helps!

http://cokerri.wordpress.com

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
reviews: 32
48. Re: cyclo tours

Just because a tour is recommended by a hotel you are not secure from the scams. Hotel staff have been known to be in league with the cyclos. A tour agent is the only safe way.

Ross

Christchurch, New...
reviews: 45
49. Re: cyclo tours

Im busy reading all sorts of post as I plan a trip for my 2 sons (12,16) to VN in July of this year. Thanks for all the previous posts - Im going to show these to my younger son who was keen to travel on a cyclo. That said, I do fancy trying to organise a wee tour for us just for the enjoyment of my younger boy. Ross - when you say tour agent - where might I get one once in HCMC or Hanoi? I dont want to prebook something as little as that from New Zealand in advance in case our plans for that day change.

Given you seem quite knowledgable about things 'travel' - might I ask you what you think about travel bags - we have suitcases on wheels - should we be looking at bringing back packs instead? Do people who say do an overnight trip in the Mekong or to Halong Bay take suitcases with them? Where does one leave their baggage if not sleeping in a hotel overnight but on say a Halong Bay cruise? Many thanks in advance for any advice you or another might give me.

M C from NZ

North Queensland
reviews: 14
50. Re: cyclo tours

I can't answer all your question but the one about overnight stayed and luggage if you have ordinary backpacks (day packs) or even just the bag you take on the plane with you would be suitable, and the hotel you are staying at are usually happy to look after your other luggage for you. Personally i would not take large suitcases or large back packs on the overnight boats trips/

Reply to: cyclo tours
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ho Chi Minh City