We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Only Vung Tau

Which Ho Chi Minh City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manila, Philippines
reviews: 27
Only Vung Tau

I will be in Vung Tao and for a few days. Can anyone recommend some nice places to eat, Asian food, not western. Also, is there a mall or some good places to go shopping? Is there a good day trip or half day trip to take?

Ho Chi Minh City...
reviews: 4
1. Re: Only Vung Tau

If you want good seafood, head round the coast to Ganh Hau. Beautiful cliffside location, good wine, list, great service.

HCMC
2. Re: Only Vung Tau

I would like to recommend you enjoying your meals at 69 Cay Bang, the best well known local seafood restaurant in town with reasonable price

Morning glory with garlic, shrimps steamed with coconut juice, sweet & sour soup with fish or shrimps, and fish in hot clay are a must to order

JASON SSS

HCMC
3. Re: Only Vung Tau

Dear Sichuanbob, if you take hydrofoil, you can make it half day trip because it takes you around 1.5 hours to get there and 1.5 hours get back and 2 hours to get around by taxi and for lunch

but it must be a full day by car because it takes you 3 hours to get there and 3 hours to get back to Saigon and some hours to explore Vung Tau with the White Palace, Whale temple, Light House, Jesus Statues on the top of mountain

you can take cable car to the top of mountain to have a great view of vung tau beach city

Lan Rung Cafe is great for drinks

JASON SSS

Perth, Australia
reviews: 8
4. Re: Only Vung Tau

Hi there, I don't recall if I saw any decent shopping mall in Vung Tau, there are many small shops and a weekend market I think. In term of restaurants, we found many seafood restaurants along the "Back beach", and we ate the best Oysters there. IMO Vung Tau lacks the atmostphere that a coastal town usally has?

Newcastle, Australia
reviews: 34
5. Re: Only Vung Tau

There is an air-conditioned shopping mall at the big, flash resort on front beach. It also has a western-style supermarket on the ground floor. It's name escapes me. We went in there to escape the heat, and were very surprised at the prices they offered. They were better than the Tax Dept Store in HCMC, and a lot of the touristy-souvenir crap had fixed prices less than we could bata anywhere else. It was a big surprise. Given it was during the middle of the trip that we went down there, and we just went for the day on the hydrofoil, we didn't really buy much. They had a small food court in there also, that had about 5 different cafes. Also a good price, and you get to eat in air-conditioned comfort.

Newcastle, Australia
reviews: 34
6. Re: Only Vung Tau

It was The Imperial. You can't miss it. The Shopping Centre is the building at the front left corner of the property and is separate to the hotel complex. The place just drips money, so again it was very surprising at how cheap everything was.

7. Re: Only Vung Tau

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, October 09, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Ho Chi Minh City