We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

central highlands

Which Hanoi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
gladstone
central highlands

We are a family of 5 and are planning on DIY our Vietnamese holiday we are travelling from north to south in Feb and plan to fly from danang to Buon Ma Thuot from there we are unsure of how to travel to firstly dalat then siagon. What are the best options? It appears reg flights go the other way from siagon to dalat and siagon to buon ma thuot. thanx

Beaverton, Oregon
reviews: 6
1. Re: central highlands

Happyrock,

We are going to VN this Sunday, so we've been immersed in doing all of the travel arrangement "stuff" for some time now.

Airplane travel in VN is mostly in the form of a "wheel with spokes" - this means that there are ew exceptions to the rule that you almost always have to travel back to Saigon to get anywhere else.

You cannot go from Danang to Dalat for example, without going to HCMC inbetween. This is unfortunate and as VN gets its tourist act together, I hope they fix this situation. On our trip we will find ourselves in HCMC on 3 different occasions simply because of this problem.

Elron

BMT, Central...
2. Re: central highlands

Why not give yourself a real treat?

I live in Buon Me (Ma) Thuot, the capital of DakLak Province and get great joy from driving along the new Ho Chi Minh Trail Highway that only opened up a couple of years ago.

There are buses, for tourists, that run from Da Nang to Kontum - the most northern capital in the Central Highlands.

After that you can take one of many buses that travel daily to Plei Ku and BMT. All these towns have a good selection of hotels and all have day trips through which you can explore the surrounding countryside.

The road, shown on maps, going from near Da Lat to BMT is almost impassable unless you are riding a motorcycle or a 4-wheel SUV. Buses cannot make the trip. This road was part of the HCM trail used in the American War and was the path followed in the months leading to the capture of the south.

Coolum Beach...
reviews: 2
3. Re: central highlands

Selling --Nothing ,

Thanks for this info --I have not seen this part of VN ---I can catch a bus from Danang , onwards to Pleiku and Kontum, BMT?----I will get a place to stay there OK? ---I was going to come the other way ( via Dalat), which is not the way to go obviously---I am well into base planning now and intended to go this area last year---did not!

Thanks for your advice!--I will be working my way North -South---Stopping in Hue for a while with friends --to Danang and up from there ultimately ending at HCMC , whenever---no time restraints.

plover

4. Re: central highlands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, August 25, 2009