We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saigon & Hanoi- Hotel Reviews!!!

Which Hanoi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 11
Saigon & Hanoi- Hotel Reviews!!!

Dear Travel Bugs,

I am planning a trip to Saigon and then on to Hanoi sometime in early Dec, 06 with my family of 4 (total).

Any advise on hotels where a family of 4 can stay in a family suite?

I have gone thru the LonelyPlanets and scoured the website and finally zoom down to

1) An An Hotel in Saigon and 2) Hanoi Star Hotel in Hanoi.

Any comments or reviews on these 2 hotel would be appreciated or if there are any better ones that you can recommend, it would be helpful.

Cheers!!!

Hanoi Vietnam
1. Re: Saigon & Hanoi- Hotel Reviews!!!

MBug,

The "Riverside" on Ton Duc Thanh has a reasonable family suite for about $100 usd/night for 4 people. (not to be confused with but next door to the "Century Riverside")

The hotels you ask about: AnAn- I don't know, H.Star - OK but nothing special. Good busy old quarter locality.

Martin

Coolum Beach...
reviews: 2
2. Re: Saigon & Hanoi- Hotel Reviews!!!

Hi MarathonBug,

With regard to the Anan, experienced VN traveller friends of mine stayed there in last 12 months and indicated to me it was very good, the personal service particularly. I myself was going to stay there this year but did not. I did however email direct to hotel and received a very rapid response.

www.ananhotel.com----website

ananht@hcm.vnn.vn---email

The location is about a ten minute walk from Nyguyen Street( main street)---close to Ben Thanh markets. They thought the service, staff and management excellent, and plan to stay there next visit.

Perhaps you email them and see whether they can accommadate your requirements.

plover

Hanoi
3. Re: Saigon & Hanoi- Hotel Reviews!!!

Hey,

Anan hotel is very good: clean, big room with window, good view,lift.

I remmeber they sawn me the room with 3 beds. Of course i dont need this, however it may good for you.

have a good choice,

Kuala Lumpur...
4. Re: Saigon & Hanoi- Hotel Reviews!!!

Thanks guys for your response.

What about Spring Hotel No. 2 in Hanoi? Apparently they have a family suite where my whole family of 4 can stay together?

Any comments about this hotel?

Thanks.

Isle of Man
reviews: 1
5. Re: Saigon & Hanoi- Hotel Reviews!!!

MB

Just came back from HCMC and stayed at the " riverside" mentioned above. Cant often stretch to suites but will do next time. We had a 2 bedroom/ 1 livingroom suite with great views of the river (large/ safe balcony). Slightly cheaper was the room next door, 1 bedroom/ 1 livingrooms with extra beds put in.

The Hotel may not be the best in the world but it is very old school Vietnamese, a little rough round the edges, but has all you need, friendly staff and really loads of room. Our kids (2 and 6) ran arround and we hardly noticed. Loved the large bar in the living room, very strange.

It is also very central, right at the bottom of Dong Khoi, and Nguyen Hue which is the centre of HCMC. 3 minutes from the opera house etc.

Plover which nguyen street you refering to? HCMC is full of them...Nguyen Hue? Nguyen Thai hoc? Nguyen Thi Minh khai. A bit like going to Wales and looking for Mr Jones.

Kuala Lumpur...
6. Re: Saigon & Hanoi- Hotel Reviews!!!

Rjyen,

Many thanks for the info>

What about the Golden Buffalo Hotel? Sounds funny this name!

Has you seen this hotel before and how is it? i.e. clean, friendly service, etc?

It's a toss between these 2 hotels now?

Anybody out there who can help?

Thanks.

Isle of Man
reviews: 1
7. Re: Saigon & Hanoi- Hotel Reviews!!!

Dont know the Golden Buffalo Hotel in HCMC.

A friend always stays in the Golden Buffalo Hotel, Hanoi, which is very near the Nha Tho street (chruch street). It is typical mini hotel on a small street/ lane. Clean, nice staff, very helpful.

Furniture in the rooms are of the heavy wooden variety that VNese like so much.

Reasonably priced though in the US$20 mark.

Must be somewhere in Hanoi with reasonably priced joining rooms or even suites.

How old are your kids?

Kuala Lumpur...
8. Re: Saigon & Hanoi- Hotel Reviews!!!

Rgiyen, Thanks for your info. My two teenagers are 14 -18.

I think barring any other bad news about the Golden Buffalo, I will book them as they are near the tourist areas.

Cheers.

9. Re: Saigon & Hanoi- Hotel Reviews!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, August 18, 2009