We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone visited Le Mat snake village recently?

Which Hanoi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Geelong
reviews: 5
Anyone visited Le Mat snake village recently?

Been watching a few Vietnamese cooking shows recently, Luke Nyugen was at Le Mat eating snake. I think I might give it a go. Is it worth going? Anyone been recently? Updated prices, recommendations etc...

14 replies to this topic
Oslo, Norway
reviews: 52
11. Re: Anyone visited Le Mat snake village recently?

Well Harry, these places are where tourists become men by eating pounding hearts and drink blood, very often they are drunk also(:

That may have something with why it's expensive (:

I costs the snakeowners a finger or two also and new fingers are really hard to get nowadays (:

Llanbrynmair...
reviews: 8
12. Re: Anyone visited Le Mat snake village recently?

Harry it's on sale in approximately half litre bottles with a small (very dead) snake coiled up inside. There are also versions with scorpions and similar wildlife.

I'm not sure what the wine is, but it's probably distilled rice wine. I've had more than a few shots of the latter (firewater!) when staying in the countryside, but not after a snake or other creature has been pickling in it.

Not something I would buy, and I doubt whether foreigners who do purchase it ever remove the lid.

Edited: 5:47 am, February 27, 2014
Geelong
reviews: 5
13. Re: Anyone visited Le Mat snake village recently?

Thank you, so the actual snake is in the bottle of wine. Suppose I'll have to give it a crack. I'll have a beer handy too.

Hanoi, Vietnam
14. Re: Anyone visited Le Mat snake village recently?

I tried snake wine, it was really strong. My Dad has two big jar of cobra snake wine. it is very good to improve health. As I said before " Try go to Bamboo Snakes Garden contact Mr Lap, his website is lemat.vn or ranrao.vn. He is very good at English and a well know chef in cooking Snake meat. they have menu in English , I tried one plate Snake skin is 5 $. Very delicious :)" He owns various kind of bottle snake wine. It was very very impressive

Reply to: Anyone visited Le Mat snake village recently?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted