We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vietnam in 15 Days

Which Hanoi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 5
Vietnam in 15 Days

Hi Everyone. Visiting Vietnam in Sept 13 for three weeks. At this point I have the following planned

HCMC 5 days

Hanoi 3 days

Ha Long bay 2 days (2 nights)

Hoi An 5 Days

I have travelled in Cambodia Laos and Thailand before on my own but this time I have a mate with me who is new to SE Asia so bit of a mix of tourist and culture on the agenda.The idea is to finish the trip in Hoi An relaxing on a beach etc.. but was wondering what are the best day trips out of HCMC and Hoi An ( I thinking I wont need day trips from Hanoi )

My biggest desire I to experience the people and the culture.... and willing to drag my mate with me to educate him.. lol

Thanks in anticipation of your suggestions

Hanoi
1. Re: Vietnam in 15 Days

Hi John!

Sept is the time of Autumn in Vietnam, that time is so amazing for travelling around the country. especially in Hanoi and the North. During 3 days you stay in Hanoi, to experience the people and the culture of Vietnam, you can take 1 day trip to Mai Chau village, that located in the North-west of Vietnam, where is the home of some Vietnam's ethnic groups. The nature there is also beautiful. back to Hanoi, you can visit some traditional villages around the city, where you can learn more of our culture.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
2. Re: Vietnam in 15 Days

Weather in Central Vietnam won't be great in September so you may have to rethink the beach time in Hoi An but it is a very pretty place to visit. I would visit Hue but you would need to spend at least 1 night there as you need 2 full days to visit everything, Day trips from Hoi an could be My Son which is sometimes called Vietnam's Angkor Wat but if you've already been to Siem Reap I think you'd be very disappointed with these ruins, Bam Kim Island where all the woodcarving is done and Thanh Ha famous for it's pottery. From HCMC a day trip to the Cu Chi tunnels can be done on their own or combined with the Cao Dai temple, I would also do an overnight stay at the Mekong Delta

Sydney, Australia
3. Re: Vietnam in 15 Days

Thanks Chunie, Autumn in Vietnam sound great. I have read elsewhere on TA about Mai Chau village and its authenticity. Is it easy to get to? Hire a driver or train?

Thanks

Llanbrynmair...
reviews: 10
4. Re: Vietnam in 15 Days

John, Mai Chau is way too far for a day trip as the return journey can take up to 8 hours by road - there is no train. Most travel agents and hotels in Hanoi sell 2 day/1 night tours, but Mai Chau is no longer the authentic experience it once was.

5. Re: Vietnam in 15 Days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:56 am, June 09, 2013
Sydney, Australia
6. Re: Vietnam in 15 Days

thanks creaking bones... that's sad to hear

Hanoi, Vietnam
7. Re: Vietnam in 15 Days

Take 4 days in Ho Chi Minh, then you have 4 days in Hanoi. Mai Chau will be nice experience in case you dont have time to visit Sapa.

Have fun

Tuntravel

8. Re: Vietnam in 15 Days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 04, 2014