We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hanoi food tours

Which Hanoi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wellington, New...
Hanoi food tours

Looking on the internet there seem to be several options for food / hawker tours. Hanoi Cooking Centre seems very popular. Does anyone have a different suggestion. Thanks

Ho Chi Minh City...
1. Re: Hanoi food tours

Why dont you ask Hanoi Kids, they will organize a food tour for you for free. I bet they know it better than any agent.

Sapa
2. Re: Hanoi food tours

Joining cooking class is interesting. But I think you can combine city tour with trying food street, visiting local market to see people sell fresh foods.

Sapa Sunshine Travel

Hanoi, Vietnam
reviews: 1
3. Re: Hanoi food tours

In Hanoi, they are some organization of students which provide the free services as guide. You can contact with them to save the money and enjoy the best food.

Have a nice time.

Kim

cairns
reviews: 36
4. Re: Hanoi food tours

I did a "Food on Foot" in the Old Quarter last August.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 44
5. Re: Hanoi food tours

How interesting! Where would these food tours be conducted and how safe would the food be to eat. Have you had that experience.

I'm heading there on 23/4/2013 and have been told by my doctor to be very careful of the food I eat except in American type hotel restaurants.

Thanks,

Kath

Melbourne, Australia
6. Re: Hanoi food tours

Can you find these students at the Information Centre in Hanoi?

Hanoi, Vietnam
7. Re: Hanoi food tours

Hi, Welcome to Viet nam. Here is trusty address in Hanoi Cooking center.

Hanoi Cooking Centre

44 Chau Long Street

Ba Dinh District, Ha Noi

+84 4 3715 0088

+84 4 3715 3277

Luminous Viet Hotel

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 46
8. Re: Hanoi food tours

Hi Maturegirl....

Has your Doctor been to Vietnam? Eating in Vietnam is fine.... we don't eat from Street stalls but by golly, this time I am going to give it a good try!

There are wonderful local restaurants in Vietnam and there is no need to believe a statement of eating only at "American type hotel restaurants"..... check out some of the Restaurants on TA for the city you are visiting for tips.

cheers baddles

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 25
9. Re: Hanoi food tours

Hi,

We did the 'Street food tour' by the Hanoi cooking centre & it was excellent.

All the best

Rob

Melbourne, Australia
10. Re: Hanoi food tours

Thank you for that information Baddles.

I don't know whether my doctor has visited there. She's actually an Indian. I appreciate your advice - makes me feel a lot more confident as I am a real foodie. My doctor said to stick to cooked food and fruit that can be peeled. I'm a salad eater and will miss that or just take a chance on eating it.