We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport: Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh?

Which Hanoi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jakarta
reviews: 87
Transport: Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh?

Dear All,

Can any body please share any transportation type from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh? So far for flight i can only find Vitnam Air and VietJet, any other alternatives? How about train or bus? Thanks in advance for your help.

br,

jemmy

QLD
reviews: 25
1. Re: Transport: Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh?

jetstar

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
reviews: 13
2. Re: Transport: Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh?

The trip is too long for bus or train.

Just pick an airline.....

Lincoln, United...
reviews: 28
3. Re: Transport: Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh?

It's a 1000km. If you just want to go from A to B, take a flight.

Melbourne...
reviews: 73
4. Re: Transport: Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh?

Flights are best way

Llanbrynmair...
reviews: 8
5. Re: Transport: Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh?

Actually, because of the S-shape of the country it's about 1700 kms by road or rail but 'only' 1140 kms as the crow flies, so all the more reason to take a plane.

Jakarta
reviews: 87
6. Re: Transport: Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh?

Thanks all... One more questions: is VietJet good?

br,

jemmy

Worcester, United...
reviews: 14
7. Re: Transport: Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh?

I was very disappointed with Vietjet we had our flight cancelled twice on the same day with no email to inform us, the second time our bags were actually on the check in belt when the man said they have just cancelled your flight, the customer service was very poor, when I explained I had a train to catch his reply was 'nothing I can do about it, we have technical issues'. There were a lot of unhappy people in the airport and it appears this is happening often

Hanoi
8. Re: Transport: Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh?

Hi,

I advise you Vietnamairlines!

Good luck!

Hanoi, Vietnam
reviews: 1
9. Re: Transport: Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh?

In my opinion, going by train is quite far. You shoul go by plane.If travelling by plane, you should choose Vietnam Airlines to get good quality. However, jetstar's price is not very high.

10. Re: Transport: Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, November 15, 2013