We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay one month, is the price better?

Which Hanoi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Florence, Italy
reviews: 3
Stay one month, is the price better?

Hello. I was in Hanoi two years go but not for my partner. We will come to Hanoi in next January and looking for any hotels available. I emailed to some hotels in Hanoi to ask about the pricing quote but there were no rebate or just a little. I'm wondering that does other hotels in Hanoi apply the long term support? Could you give some names (of course it must be in Old Quarter). I'm also thinking to rent car for a month, do you recommend me any good companies?

Thanks in advance,

Vung Tau, Vietnam
1. Re: Stay one month, is the price better?

You will be in peak season, they wont offer better rates as they know someone will walk in the door that day and take the room at full price.You will need to hire a car with a driver.

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 38
2. Re: Stay one month, is the price better?

First of all, there's no self drive in Vietnam (unless you hold a Vietnamese license) - you could rent a car w/driver.

I think you would probably have some trouble finding a cut rate deal in Jan, since that's the peak of the high season, and very close behind Tet. It would be possible to rent an apartment for an entire month - naturally, a deposit would be required for most places, but again no cut rates for that month. If you could come in November, for instance, you might be able to swing a better deal. What price range are you interested in?

Hanoi
reviews: 37
3. Re: Stay one month, is the price better?

Big hotels give rebates, small inexpênsive ones do not ; they charge little and most of them make their money not with the rooms, but with the excursions, train tickets, etc. bought by the clients

Illegal to drive a car here unless you are residing in the country. Car with a driver only. Anyway, I can assure you that you don't want to drive in Vietnam, between the roads, the traffic, and the way most locals drive ! You may rent a motorbike (though it is illegal also, but everybody does it) or then it is trains (night ones are perfect) or public buses or excursions buses

For names of hotels, depends what price range In Hanoi, my favorites are 3 stars the Paramount, 2 stars the Especen 26 Ho Nguyen, 1 Star the Manh Dung, the 3 of them in very quiet streets (the first 2 are at the end of a dead-end street accessible to motorbikes only, so no noise at all) 5 mn-walk from the lake

Ben Tre, Vietnam
reviews: 27
4. Re: Stay one month, is the price better?

I would recomend Golden land hotel in Hang Manh street. Its small boutique nice and price is reasonable. Im not sure if you can drive without Vietnamese licence, but you can hire a car with driver for a month.Not cheap but you can try.I recomend Mai Anh car company, they are pro.

Cheers,

Nhung

Bangkok, Thailand
reviews: 11
5. Re: Stay one month, is the price better?

Any hotelier with half a brain will cut you a deal for a 1-month stay. Do a search on Wotif or Agoda & you'll find hotels doing long-stay deals. If your preferred hotel won't do a deal, go somewhere else.

Hanoi
reviews: 6
6. Re: Stay one month, is the price better?

there are many hotels in Hanoi can give you the good rate for 1 month stay, you could try Real Vietnam hotel about 15$/night (include breakfast) but the disadvantage is no lift. it's impossible to drive without vietnam license or international license (include vietnam), you should hire a car and driver maybe better, see this car company: http://hoamaitour.com/us/

Hanoi
reviews: 37
7. Re: Stay one month, is the price better?

international license (include vietnam),

Unless the system has changed recently, and I would be aware of it since I live in Hanoi, there are no international license including Vietnam since the country has not signed the international agreement . Anyway, there are no car rental company in Vietnam renting cars without a driver, so it solves the problem !

Thanh Hoa, Vietnam
reviews: 13
8. Re: Stay one month, is the price better?

For the hotel, there are two options I would want to recommend you. The first is Marigold Hotel. It's near the park and in the border of Old Quarter. The room is nice and they have very good rates offer to you. The second is Golden Lake hotel nears Hoan Kiem Lake. I stayed here and usually send my partners whose are the expert from US stay in this hotel. They have good condition for our company. If you need a car with the driver, I suggest you to contact http://www.hanoitransferservice.com

Edited: 6:19 am, July 06, 2012
Pennsylvania, USA
reviews: 30
9. Re: Stay one month, is the price better?

I think it is too early to ask hotels about a discount for a months rent. You may have better luck closer to Jan. But s others have said, the first part of Jan. is high tourist season so you may not receive a large discount.

As far as renting an apartment in the Hoan Kiem area, 1 month is probably too short of a time.

As others have said, unless you have a Vietnam drivers license you are not legally allowed to drive in Vietnam. But there is so much more that is impractical about this idea-- you want to stay in the Old Quarter, so where would you park the car? Where is it that you will be driving to on a regular basis-- if you are a tourist and staying in Hoan Kiem you can walk to most things you would want.

I'm not sure what time of the year you were in Hanoi last, but do keep in mind that Jan. is a very cold month in Hanoi. The cold weather, combined with the dampness, means you really feel the cold. As buildings in Hanoi are not built with insulation I find myself feeling colder in Hanoi in Jan. than I do in the north east of the US in Jan. And be sure to take good waterproof boots.

Florence, Italy
reviews: 3
10. Re: Stay one month, is the price better?

Sorry for lately reply. I have been moving in all the day. I have got an international driver license but the traffic in Hanoi is so busy. I can't drive car here, very dangerous. So certainly I need the car with the driver. I require the driver can speak English but it seems to be difficult. I have written an email to the website what vn_technolgy has recommended but I did not get any replies from them. It sounds very good company. I'm going to ask them again now.

Thanks for your help