We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seattle - Hanoi - Bangkok / Advice please?

Which Hanoi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle
reviews: 1
Seattle - Hanoi - Bangkok / Advice please?

I'm planning a trip to Thailand and recently decided I might want to go to Hanoi and northern Vietnam since I'm "in the area". Can anyone suggest an itinerary for a month long journey? Would love to fly from Seattle to Hanoi and then on to Bangkok.

Anyone have any advice on a cheap way to book this? Is it trying to do to much in a month? Any itinerary advice or info. is much appreciated. Thank you.

Hell, Norway
reviews: 2
1. Re: Seattle - Hanoi - Bangkok / Advice please?

Hanoi is certainly worth a visit as a side trip from Bangkok. You can get reasonable fares Bangkok-Hanoi-Bangkok on Air Asia or Nok Air. Thai, Vietnam Airlines, and Air France also fly the route.

The cheapest way might be to fly to Bangkok from Seattle rather than Hanoi as the chances are you'd be routed through Bangkok anyway.

sydney
2. Re: Seattle - Hanoi - Bangkok / Advice please?

Hi Mateo..we flew from phuket via Bangkok to Hanoi for a week..stayed at the Hoi An hotel and it was great. Right in the middle of the old quarter and cheap. through them we organised a private tour to Sapa 2 nights and then on to Bacha for a treck and a home stay. From there on we stayed one night on a private junk in Hanlong Bay ( brilliant) I think we paid $245 us each for the whole week. We had 2 teenage kids with us and we all had a ball...Sapa is fantastic and the home stay despite original complaints turned our to be a high light. We booked everything directly through the hotel. Thailand...well we love Phuket for a touch of spoiling. We stayed at Kata beach which is lovely(great beach) but Patong has the shopping and the nights life.

Have a great trip..Holiday inn in Patong is our fav.

Jane

sydney
3. Re: Seattle - Hanoi - Bangkok / Advice please?

forgot to mention KhoLanta in thailand..a brilliant island off phuket. Well worth the look as its not as touched as Phuket and you hire a motor bike and cruise around from beach to beach or restaurant to restaurant.

Cheers Jane

4. Re: Seattle - Hanoi - Bangkok / Advice please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, September 23, 2009