We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No response from Tonkin

Which Hanoi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, UK
No response from Tonkin

I have been impressed by the many positive reviews of Tonkin Travel - so I emailed them (and Sinhcafevn.com) to see if they could help us with our itinery. I emailed on Tuesday but haven't had a response from either - not sure if there has been a problem with their emails. Anyway maybe they will read this and contact me.

Otherwise does anyone else have any good recommendations for agents to use to book hotels / travel / tours etc.

Many Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 86
11. Re: No response from Tonkin

I have had loads of emails from Ly and quite quick to respond. There was once she didn't respond and I emailed again and she said they had had some email problems but apologised and everything has been ok since. Email again or email Martin.

Good luck

London, UK
12. Re: No response from Tonkin

success ! - they have now emailed me

thanks

Melbourne
reviews: 5
13. Re: No response from Tonkin

I think they just moved to new offices lately.

Good to hear that you have now heard back!

Seattle,Washington...
reviews: 4
14. Re: No response from Tonkin

Yes, All of your hotels,in country flights, and tours can all be pre-arranged and booked with a local viet travel company from North to South ect. It is much cheaper if you directly deal with a local viet travel company then booking witjh a travel company from your home country,over the inner net,or pay the walk up rack rates. There are thousands of local viet travel company's now in vietnam.We have been up and down vietnam. I compared apples with apples and oranges with oranges ect. The same service were many $'s apart. I have found that booking on line or the walk up rates for any 3 star and up hotels and resorts are always higher in price then I can get from a local travel viet company. My wife and I have now been back to vietnam 4 times in the last 4 years. I was a soldier there in 1970 and heard Vietnam was now a great place to visit. It is! We are from Seattle,Wa.The 2nd trip we brought our 24 year old son and have been back for an engagement party and just 2 months ago for his wedding. We have traveled up and down vietnam and have used 2 different local viet travel companies. One in Saigon and the other one is located in Nha Trang. They give great prices and are very honorable. We always compare and they are always lower with the same service ect. We pay once we are there and in return they give us the in country flight tickets,hotel vouchers and receits ect. If you want more info. you can e-mail me at kennbaker@msn.com Either way...have a great time! I went back to vietnam this April for a week to check on a partnership I have now with a coffee/gift shop. Vietnam is a fun place with good food and a budget for everybody!

California
15. Re: No response from Tonkin

You should try Ly Tonkin again. Sometimes, email did not go thru. Otherwise, Tonkin will response to you right away. I am very happy with its service. It is very professional and friendly. The price quote is good also.