We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vietnam and Pacific Airlines

Which Hanoi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur
reviews: 13
Vietnam and Pacific Airlines

Has anybody used the service of these two airlines for domestic flights in Vietnam? Are there much difference in quality of service and reliability? Which would be your preference?

Many thanks for help.

BMT, Central...
1. Re: Vietnam and Pacific Airlines

Both use good equipment. Pacific is now a discount carrier and operates in VietNam between HCMC / SaiGon - Da Nang - Ha Noi.

VietNam Airlines is the 'Air Asia' of VietNam covering all destinations from two hubs (HCMC / SaiGon and Ha Noi).

The internal operation of VN Airlines seems to be run by idiots who rely on rule books than initiative when 'helping' PAX.

If you are interested in the three major hubs I would use Pacific, anywhere else - you have no choice.

Zurich, Switzerland
reviews: 42
2. Re: Vietnam and Pacific Airlines

I have used Vietnam Airlines a couple of times between Hanoi, Danang, Nha Trang and Saigon. They are truly not always in time, I assume when the plane is not very full, the put flights together (what seems to be common in Europe as well, to be honest). Once we had a six hour delay in Hanoi, and they gave us a hotel room in the (not very fancy) airport hotel for free - so nothing to complain about, they are quite helpful. The planes are new and maintained from Lufthansa or Air France. And the prices are very very low.

In Hanoi there is an airport bus now, the bus station is some 100 meters from the main entrance away.

3. Re: Vietnam and Pacific Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 pm, August 28, 2009