We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HCMC to Dalat

Which Dalat hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
cape town
reviews: 13
HCMC to Dalat

Any ideas on how to get to Dalat from HCMC by road or train. Would like to know how long the trip takes by road please.

thanks for help

Linda

Malaysia
reviews: 15
1. Re: HCMC to Dalat

Hi Linda

There is no rail travel for this route

HCMC-Dalat

We took the bus,hourly departure from HCMC.

P U T A bus company,travel time approx 8 hours

Cheers

Ho Chi Minh City...
2. Re: HCMC to Dalat

The train hasn't made the trip since before 1975!

The safest way is to take a Mai Linh Express bus from their office at 400A Le Hong Phong, District 10, HCMC. Tel: (08)-3832-3888..

The one-way fare is VND100,000.

There are 18 buses each day. First is at 06.00H and the last at 20.00H - you have to be at the office one hour prior to scheduled departure. Their travel time is around 6-7 hours.

cape town
reviews: 13
3. Re: HCMC to Dalat

thank you that's a great help. We could fly but feel we would miss so much. Is it a killer of a trip or bearable??? Even if it is 'testing' is it worthwhile please.

Linda

Malaysia
4. Re: HCMC to Dalat

Hi Linda

The journey is comfortable,roads are in excellent condition, smooth riding all the ways.

There will be schedule toilet break and meal break at the local restaurant.

P u t a bus even provide this service upon arrival at Dalat,they provide free shuttle ride to your hotel.

But not sure now whether this service is still "on"???

Cheers

Hanoi
5. Re: HCMC to Dalat

I always use Phuong Trang for bus trip to Da lat for 3 main reason:

+ bus condition is good and well maintain

+ The company have a speed regulation for driver and driver in Phuong Trang drive safer than others one I tried ( ex: Thanh Buoi)

+ For long distance trip, I prefer 45 - 50 seater bus so I have space for my legs... better than 16 seater from Mai Linh

Phuong Trang main office is just No1 Bui Vien Str ( right at Bui Vien meet Pham Ngu Lao) ground floor of Oriental Hotel, next to Librety Hotel.

To safe a Hotel night you could take 10PM bus and arrive at 6AM. The road is quite pleasant but not much for sigh seeing from bus window. Shuttle bus to Hotel are provide as part of bus ticket.

For flight, it takes you 30 mins flight but 1 hours by bus from Lien Khuong Airport to Da Lat... this is also a nice ride through the most impressive pass lead to Da Lat,

Enjoy

Newport Beach
reviews: 21
6. Re: HCMC to Dalat

Linda,

You can also book a private tour or a private ride. It is all depend on your budget.

I don't feel comfortable riding the bus or driving up to Dalat from HCMC at night.

Malaysia
7. Re: HCMC to Dalat

Hi

Same address and building.

Is P U T A short for Phunag Trang Bus company.

Phuong Trang main office is just No1 Bui Vien Str ( right at Bui Vien meet Pham Ngu Lao) ground floor of Oriental Hotel, next to Librety Hotel.

Thanks

dalat
8. Re: HCMC to Dalat

Hi Linda, I am tourguide from dalat suggestion:

from HCMC to Dalat city.

if you stay at district 1. you should take bus to dalat. by PHUONG TRANG BUS COMPANY.(Located at district 1. it will take about 7hours to dalat with wondy road. so nice landscapes. dalat bus station near to center and they have mini van take you to any hotel in dalat when you want. just let them know where!!!!

how long do yo stay in dalat? and what will you do in here?

have good trip Linda !!!

UNITED KINGDOM...
9. Re: HCMC to Dalat

There are a lot of tourist bus around Bui Vien street or Pham Ngu Lao Street. When you come to HCM, it's better that you go directly to that company and see yourself.

Or you could take the fly from HCM to Dalat

10. Re: HCMC to Dalat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 03, 2010