We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safety of Vietnam airline

reviews: 34
Safety of Vietnam airline

We are going to Vietnam next year and most uk based travel companies seem to use Vietnam airlines. After googling them their safety record doesn't seem great!! I'm not a great flyer. We will have 1 internal flight too from Hanoi-Ho Chi Min. Would people recommend them?

37 replies to this topic
Hanoi, Vietnam
reviews: 5
1. Re: Safety of Vietnam airline

Hi

Vietnam airlines is greatest airlines among domestic airlines in Vietnam, I traveled around Vietnam and use it, and have never had any problem, Really want to recommend,

Avoid using Vietjet air or Jestar, they always delay.

Good luck

London
reviews: 3
2. Re: Safety of Vietnam airline

If they weren't safe they wouldn't be allowed to fly to Europe.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Vietnam
reviews: 43
3. Re: Safety of Vietnam airline

Vietnam airlines now has almost new planes for their long haul. I guess because of the direct flight from London Heathrow to Hanoi/Saigon airports so it is convenient then it is recommended by travel agents. They do stop in Frankfurt at times. Also they have the economy deluxe class which is highly recommended because of the bigger seats and not expensive like business class. I don't think they have any issues right now with safety. Flew with Vietnam airlines to Europe and they were good. This was my first long flight though but I like the fact that this was the direct flight.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
reviews: 52
4. Re: Safety of Vietnam airline

Exactly where did you find this information? I found this on Flight Safety Foundation's webpage; they list only six air crashes (only two of which had fatalities), the most recent being in 2000.

aviation-safety.net/database/…

Hue, Vietnam
reviews: 15
5. Re: Safety of Vietnam airline

The safety issue has been addressed and I'd just like to add that I used Vietnam Airlines to come to Vietnam (three days ago) and found them to be fabulous. I've traveled a fair bit and used a few airlines and Vietnam Airlines ranks well above some I've used. I had to book a business class ticket as I was traveling with a small dog and they were wonderful. Helpful, easy to deal with and very welcoming. The on board service was fantastic and I spoke with a few that had traveled on the same flight in other classes and they said the same thing.

Sapa
6. Re: Safety of Vietnam airline

No worry about Vietnam airlines as the best airlines company in VIetnam that supplies hundreds of daily flights.

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
reviews: 31
7. Re: Safety of Vietnam airline

Whilst ever you travel on airlines with new generation aircraft your chances are higher to be killed in your home. Vietnam Airlines fleet is made up of new aircraft on all long haul flights.

Ross

London
8. Re: Safety of Vietnam airline

And luckily they don't fly the way they drive!

Lincoln, United...
reviews: 28
9. Re: Safety of Vietnam airline

bowenarrow Vietnam Airlines fleet is made up of new aircraft on all long haul flights.

--------

Don't know Ross. 8-9 years plus is getting on a bit. Depends really on what aircraft you're getting on. ... planespotters.net/Airline/Vietnam-Airlines Safety isn't generally an issue apart from the odd collision thanhniennews.com/2010/…20100615162557.aspx and possibly insane passengers nycaviation.com/2011/… But I'd still use them over others flying in Vietnam.

Edited: 11:39 am, April 07, 2013
London
10. Re: Safety of Vietnam airline

Most of the 747's flying over the Atlantic are 30 years old.

Reply to: Safety of Vietnam airline
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted