We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary Suggestions...

Which Vietnam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 9
Itinerary Suggestions...

I am planning a 3 week holiday to Vietnam for January 2014..I am travelling with my mother (65) and my 13 year old son. We fly in/out of Hanoi and would greatly appreciate some travel tips/accommodation and samplers of what and where to go...We are planning middle of the range accommodation. Interested in doing a guided motorbike tour for 3 days or so with a rider...A 2/3 night Junk tour, cooking course etc...Any suggestions of reputable companies would be greatly appreciated..We would like to see as much as possible and wondering if just arriving in Hanoi and planning day to day of where we want to go is the best way....We have done Ho Chi Minh and the Mekong on previous visits so would like to adventure and discover more of what Vietnam has to offer in our 3 week time frame...All recommendations greatly appreciated :-)

Ho Chi Minh City...
1. Re: Itinerary Suggestions...

Jan is not a good time to be in north Vietnam but if you have no other time then do not miss Hanoi, Halong, Ninh Binh, Mai Chau, Sapa and Hue & Hoi An.

Ben Tre, Vietnam
reviews: 13
2. Re: Itinerary Suggestions...

It will be cold in The North in January but you already did the Southern part then You just need to bring along some warm clothes , you will be fine. You can do Mai Chau Ninh Binh and Hue with the motobike rider.

I would suggest 3 nights Hanoi, 2 nights Halong Bay, 1 nights Mai Chau, 2 nights Ninh Binh and then fly to Hue where you can explore more with the Motobike rides, 2 nights here will be enough.

Then continue to visit Hoi An and Nha Trang for the rest of your time.

Cheers

Nhung

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 105
3. Re: Itinerary Suggestions...

I would do the 2 night junk tour as 3 nights would be very repetetive and the cooking clas I would do in Hoi An, if you use the search box you'll get a lot of info.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 105
4. Re: Itinerary Suggestions...

Also be sure to book a free tour with the Hanoikids in Hanoi, they're university students that offer tours in exchange to practice their English, you only pay for transport any entrance fees and lunch.

reviews: 9
5. Re: Itinerary Suggestions...

Thank you so much for your tips and advice ..Some great feedback :-) Can you recommend the best way to travel from Hoi An to Nha Trang...Was thinking the train from Danang? re the Halong Bay Junk cruise which one would you recommend and we would like to include the cave dinner. I am thinking that on our arrival into Hanoi we fly to Hue and do an Easy Riders you to Hoi An and do the food tour and a cooking class there...Any recommendations for the next leg of this trip would be greatly appreciated....My mind is boggled with information overload and yet I don't want to miss/waste a minute in our adventure. Kind regards and a BIGGG THANK YOU for your help :-)

6. Re: Itinerary Suggestions...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 09, 2014