We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Asia flights cancelled from Da Nang

Newcastle
reviews: 7
Air Asia flights cancelled from Da Nang

Have had the great disappointment of being told that our flight from Da Nang to Kuala Lumpur in July has now been cancelled as after June they are no longer flying that route. What do I do now ?? Have booked everything from other flights to accommodation and train fares and no other flights on offer to Kuala Lumpur from Da Nang. We were going to stay at Hoi- An for 2 days 1 night , after getting overnight train from Nha Trang and then flying to KL for flight home to AUS next day. Any suggestions please !!!!!!

australia
Destination Expert
for New South Wales, Noosa
reviews: 5
21. Re: Air Asia flights cancelled from Da Nang

And anyone flying pre the cancellation date, best check flight time. The earlier time in email that was 'wrong' probably a unnotified flight change.

Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 12
22. Re: Air Asia flights cancelled from Da Nang

I went to the airasia sales centre in Kuala lumpur central station and was offered a full refund, luckily.... So financially no harm done, but flying another route does mean that I will have one day less in Hoi An. No compensation for that I guess. I will think twice before I book airasia again!

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
reviews: 31
23. Re: Air Asia flights cancelled from Da Nang

The message from this thread is this : If you want to travel on a budget airline to save money then you have to be prepared to take the knocks.

Cheers Ross

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 6
24. Re: Air Asia flights cancelled from Da Nang

I've got quite bad arthritis so was not looking forward to sitting at the KL lcct for hours after the flight from Melbourne. We went outside and found a wide traffic island with grass and trees so popped our Air Asia blanket down to have a lie down in between coffee runs and doing a few laps of the shops. The locals were amused and we were happy.

The five hours didn't drag too much and apart from less duty free shopping it was more interesting for people watching than KLIA. The toilets on that level couldn't have been cleaner and they even had a shower stall.

The Malaysian food we ate on the flight was good and it was a better experience than I had expected.

Had Saturday night in Saigon and flight to Da Nang yesterday afternoon which was delayed by an hour or so. Probably due to the one runway being closed but we saw the trucks etc in action so they are at work on it.

That's my two bobs worth and we are SO happy to be back!

Edited: 9:47 pm, April 07, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 110
25. Re: Air Asia flights cancelled from Da Nang

that's great anne (that you found somewhere outside to rest)

does it look as though there is any sign of a new terminal built or being built yet?

have a great holiday- hope to hear about it along the way

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 6
26. Re: Air Asia flights cancelled from Da Nang

Thanks Maz. I forgot to look! Will make a mental note for on our way home.

27. Re: Air Asia flights cancelled from Da Nang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 10, 2014