We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Asia flights cancelled from Da Nang

Which Vietnam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle
reviews: 7
Air Asia flights cancelled from Da Nang

Have had the great disappointment of being told that our flight from Da Nang to Kuala Lumpur in July has now been cancelled as after June they are no longer flying that route. What do I do now ?? Have booked everything from other flights to accommodation and train fares and no other flights on offer to Kuala Lumpur from Da Nang. We were going to stay at Hoi- An for 2 days 1 night , after getting overnight train from Nha Trang and then flying to KL for flight home to AUS next day. Any suggestions please !!!!!!

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 116
1. Re: Air Asia flights cancelled from Da Nang

same thing happened to us! (I posted about it last week)

it is the most painful annoying thing - so disruptive.

AirAsia will offer to re-book you an earlier flight (in June- like THAT helps) or, you can do what we had to do - we cancelled those flights (there were 4 of us) and we re-booked from HCMC - KL (up to 60 days to ge our money back) and it's now costing us an extra airfare - we were able to rearrange our itinerary and luckily (for some unknown reason) I kept delaying booking any domestic Vietnam flights - otherwise that would have been a very expensive excercise (each change/cancellation incurs a charge).

It looks to me as though you will have no choice but to cut Hoi An out altogether (it was only one night anyway)

and go into HCMC the day before your outgoing flight - too risky to try to fly into HCMC on te day you need to fly to KL imho.

good luck, and hope you manage without too much anxiety (and extra cost)

Newcastle
2. Re: Air Asia flights cancelled from Da Nang

Thanks for your reply think we will have to go to HCMC instead as you have said, but I am really disappointed that we will now miss Hoi-An. I hope Air Asia realise what heartache they are causing, everyone and that we will all think twice before booking with them again.

Malaysia
reviews: 41
3. Re: Air Asia flights cancelled from Da Nang

Airasia care for their economic,not enough passenger load>>chop that route and does not care about your disappointment.

Do not support them in future.

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
reviews: 53
4. Re: Air Asia flights cancelled from Da Nang

Great airline but if route not making dosh all airlines will cut.

Melbourne, Australia
5. Re: Air Asia flights cancelled from Da Nang

hey Leo-

I agree with you entirely- they care only about their finances and couldn't care less about what happened to their passengers-

I must admit that even though I've taken so many flights with Airasia over the last 6 or so years (even back to their very early days) this has made me think twice about using them again (although I did look at their sale this week

- this has been the first time we've experienced any problem with a flight with them and I'm feeling a teeny-weeny bit nervy about the transfer times we've allowed ourselves between the international flights- hope that all doesn't end up in tears too ;(

Having said all of that, every time we took that DAD-KL flight, I looked around and wondered just how long they'd keep that route going, the planes were never full.

Melbourne, Australia
6. Re: Air Asia flights cancelled from Da Nang

They cancelled our 6 April KL-SGN last week and gifted us nearly three more hours at the lcct. Maz, is there anywhere outside the terminal to escape to? First time we've used AirAsia.

Albany Western...
reviews: 29
7. Re: Air Asia flights cancelled from Da Nang

We have just had an email regarding the same flight route. Fortunately we have a bit of flexibility as we havent pre booked our accommodation. However we will still have to re evaluate the whole trip. I do see that you can still fly out from Danang to Kuala Lumpur with Vietnam Airlines but it goes via Ho Chi Min with a 2 hour or so stopover, so if you dont have the extra hours to spare it will still be a problem.

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
reviews: 32
8. Re: Air Asia flights cancelled from Da Nang

Most budget airlines are vulnerable to route failures/depressed markets. They cant be blamed as without them taking the risks many travellers would not be experiencing the world.Same thing happened to me with Scoot last night cancelling my last leg home from Europe. So it means an overnight in Singapore no big deal.

Cheers Ross

Melbourne, Australia
9. Re: Air Asia flights cancelled from Da Nang

Anne - do you mean outside the terminal in KL? if so, short answer NO.

they were building a new LCCT in KL which was going to be 'whizz-bang' but i haven't heard any news about it.

Inside the current terminal there's a few malasian cafes (not fabulous) lots of different fast food stalls and a Starbucks where you can sit and play on your netbook/iphone for hours- a few gift-type shops and that's about it.

To go into KL itself is a bus ride of close to an hour (so 2 hours return journey) we had something like a ten hour layover a couple of year's ago and didn't bother with the long bus ride into town- but I wouldn't choose a ten hour transit again...

Ross-

it's no big deal to spend an extra night in Singapore- but some people already have their whole holiday booked and paid for - that then becomes far more expensive and problematic than one night in Singapore on the way home.

Lincoln, United...
reviews: 28
10. Re: Air Asia flights cancelled from Da Nang

maz1

I agree with you entirely- they care only about their finances and couldn't care less about what happened to their passengers- I must admit that even though I've taken so many flights with Airasia over the last 6 or so years (even back to their very early days) this has made me think twice about using them again (although I did look at their sale this week

---------------

That's the difference between a full blown airline and a LCC. For mission critical flights I would always use a full blown airline (such as British Airways, even Vietnam Airlines) simply because they usually do the biz. Over the years, I've tried 5 LCC airlines and only one has been fairly reliable (Tiger Airways). But even there I would only use them for non critical flights (no connection to another flight), where if things do foul up, it just results in me hanging around and not really a problem. To expect to be able to leave on time you have to think who has the largest number of aircraft. In Vietnam, there is only one carrier that fits the bill - VA. Yes, they might cancel but they are usually running so many flights a day, that most times you'll just be flying either earlier or later than planned. At the end of the day it's what the customer expects for the money. Paying a little bit more opens the gates of great expectations.