We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vietnam visas

Which Vietnam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Aberdare, United...
Vietnam visas

Can anyone help me with Voa sites. The price ranges are quite large. The dearest way is going through the vietnam embassy site, The cheapest ones are visavietnam.gov.vn and vietnamvisa.gov.vn. Has anyone used these sites to get a visa, just for me to know that they are legit

54 replies to this topic
Tipperary, Ireland
reviews: 40
1. Re: Vietnam visas

Hi, a lot of people here use myvietnamvisa.com, i used it last week for our trip coming up and it was all straight forward, got the voa letter the next day.

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
reviews: 13
2. Re: Vietnam visas

<The price ranges are quite large. >

10$ to 15$ is really a huge gap...

be careful with the credit card, do a search but it seems that every site is good at least for a standard VOA 1 month single.

Llanbrynmair...
reviews: 10
3. Re: Vietnam visas

Bora da tafftraveIler. I would be inclined not trust either of them, and they're actually more expensive than a very reliable agent that I and many other Trip Advisor members have used over the years:

hotels-in-vietnam.com/vietnam/vietnam-visa.h…

Lincoln, United...
reviews: 32
4. Re: Vietnam visas

It's even worse when they say they are the 'official' site blah blah..... They might well be legit (most sites are by the way - or at least I've yet to see any report on here of people paying for a VOA letter and not getting one), but any agent passing themselves off as a government site should be bypassed.

As for paying by credit card, I'm not really certain why Maurizio04 says be careful. If someone is going to try to take money via that route I wouldn't have thought it a good idea. A simple phone call to the CC company (include Debit cards too) and the disputed charge kicks in. Not much point having cards if you become afraid to use them. I have had 2 cards numbers changed in 15 years. One number was fraudulently used in France (after booking via a main stream agent) and the other, the USA where someone tried to buy $3000 worth of computer equipment. Not once have I had a problem in Asia. Has the misuse put me off using cards. No chance. One thing I never do though is photocopy the cards to send to whoever. Do warn your card issuer if you do intend to use a card abroad.... it helps!

Llanbrynmair...
5. Re: Vietnam visas

Bertie, there was a report recently of one of those two agencies racking up additional fees after the initial one had been paid. Yes, the applicant did receive the approval letter eventually, but at a total fee that was in excess of what an embassy-issued visa would have cost.

Also, for quite a while one of them kept spamming this forum using misleading names and locations to bring attention to its services.

Hence my comment that I wouldn't trust either of them.

I've never been the victim of credit card fraud in Asia either. I have twice in the UK (internet related), but they were quickly nipped in the bud by the credit card company itself before I was even aware of it.

Edited: 5:19 am, January 13, 2013
Brisbane
reviews: 38
6. Re: Vietnam visas

CreakingBones - I'm shocked (though not surprised) a company is using the .gov.vn domain for an "official" VOA processing website.

I've never had to apply before, and was going to use vietnam-visa.com but will give your guys a go, based on your recommendation.

Also, I'm cutting short the Hanoi portion of our tour (mid Feb) by one night as we won't bother with Ha Long Bay, given the likely bad weather. Thoughts on staying 1 night longer in Hoi An, or heading to Da Nang to check it out for a night/day?

Llanbrynmair...
7. Re: Vietnam visas

Indeed kepsimax! As much as I love Vietnam, and particularly its people, the widespread copycatting and fakery do make me despair sometimes.

I wouldn't say that the weather in Halong Bay is likely to be bad in February, just cold. Why don't you wait until you're in Hanoi before deciding? Halong Bay tours can easily be booked the day before.

Just out of interest, how many days have you allotted to Hanoi itself? Three are the minimum required to get a feel of the various faces of the city and see the most popular attractions.

Sorry, I've never stayed in Danang so can't recommend for or against. Hoi An is far from being my favourite town in Vietnam, but most people seem to love it so you might well enjoy having an extra day there. It probably won't be warm enough to swim or laze on the beach, but there are plenty of other things to do in the area.

Aberdare, United...
8. Re: Vietnam visas

Diolch yn fawr creaking bones, I'll follow your advice and use that company. Also many thanks to Ray C & 69Bertie for the help. To mauriowop4, the price range I mentioned ranged between £60 to over £110.

Costa Blanca
reviews: 3
9. Re: Vietnam visas

If you enter on a voa visa the processing fee at the airport has gone up from 25 to 45 dollar per person as of 1st jan 13. There were quite a few pax off my flight who only had 25 dollars and some with no cash at all!

Aberdare, United...
10. Re: Vietnam visas

Thanks for the tip zodiaco

Reply to: Vietnam visas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted