We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Half day city tour, is it worthy?

Singapore, Singapore
Half day city tour, is it worthy?

Hello. I will spend 1 week in Vietnam next January. I will go to Ho Chi Minh city and stay here for 4 days then flight to Hanoi. I have a half day left before catching the flight in the late afternoon in Hanoi. I'm planing to spend it to do a private tour in Hanoi. Is it worthy to do? Has any one gone before? How much does it cost do you think? I will stay at Golden Lake View hotel. Thanks in advance.

Sapa
1. Re: Half day city tour, is it worthy?

Half day city tour is worth doing it. It is very easy for you to do it on your own with strolling around inside the old quarter, visiting local market, Hoan Kiem lake or museums and Temple of Literature to explore history, culture and life of Hanoian.

Sapa Sunshine Travel

Edited: 4:21 am, November 22, 2012
Llanbrynmair...
reviews: 8
2. Re: Half day city tour, is it worthy?

Very easy to do it on your own, although you won't be able to see anywhere near everything in just half a day.

You might also think about taking a free tour with the HanoiKids but be sure to book well in advance. Reviews and contact details here:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g293924-…

Thanh Hoa, Vietnam
reviews: 13
3. Re: Half day city tour, is it worthy?

As CB said, HanoiKids is very helpful to be your guide for a half day city tour. Just paying for the transportation (taxi or car) and give them some tips. For this tour, you can visit Ho Chi Minh area, Temple of Literature, Tran Quoc Pagoda and Hoan Kiem Lake. If the time permits, you should visit Hoa Lo prison - Hanoi Hilton.

Have good trip!

Hanoi, Vietnam
reviews: 1
4. Re: Half day city tour, is it worthy?

it's worth doing and even you could do that by your own. Some must places as HCM complex, Temple of literature, Hoan Kiem lake include Ngoc son temple, then Tran Quoc pagoda which stands by West lake. If you have enough time should visit one more place is Ethonology museum- worth visting.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 127
5. Re: Half day city tour, is it worthy?

It is worth doing and if you plan carefully you should manage to see quite a bit and as the others have said contact the Hanoikids to see if they're available for a tour.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 114
6. Re: Half day city tour, is it worthy?

your hotel is really great and in the best location imo- I love it.

you could also ask the hotel receptionist to book you a cyclo tour around the old quarter-

Singapore, Singapore
7. Re: Half day city tour, is it worthy?

I have read about HanoiKids, they sound helpful but I think there English not very good. I need to learn about the history of the place I will visit. I do not mind to go by taxis or private car. I sent an email to some agents. They gave me different price haha. The cheapest one is 48USD per person including everything. It is good price? I will go with 3 more mature guys.

Maz1: this hotel (Golden Lake View) was recommended by my friends whose stay here last month. Hoping it is good hotel.

Edited: 5:08 am, November 23, 2012
8. Re: Half day city tour, is it worthy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, December 16, 2013