We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best area for scuba diving/beaches/activities

Which Phuket hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kihei, Hawaii
reviews: 44
Best area for scuba diving/beaches/activities

Hi,

I am starting to look into visiting Thailand this summer (end of June/beginning of July). I would like to scuba dive for about 2 days while there and enjoy pretty beaches plus any fun activities that are recommended. Can someone suggest a good area to stay? I have a 12 year old boy and my father that I will be traveling with, so not real interested in bars or party places. Any help/information will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Queensland...
reviews: 11
1. Re: Best area for scuba diving/beaches/activities

Check out Karon, Kata or Surin - my preference is Karon Beach but it depends what you are looking for.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
reviews: 18
2. Re: Best area for scuba diving/beaches/activities

Kata Beach is a really nice beach, and the beach area closest to the departure point of the dive boats. So I'd recommend to check there.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
reviews: 9
3. Re: Best area for scuba diving/beaches/activities

I also second Kata Beach. Also located next to Club Med is the Kata Surf House which is a great spot to hang out and watch the surfers.

July is during our low season and due to the rough conditions then the beach dives are not available. Nevertheless Kata is closely located to Chalong Bay where the daytrip boats depart for the daily dive tours to the Racha Islands, Sharkpoint/King Cruiser Wreck and Phi Phi areas.

Kihei, Hawaii
reviews: 44
4. Re: Best area for scuba diving/beaches/activities

Kata looks like a great place. Can anyone give me a good recommendation for hotel? I looked at both Mom Tris and the Boathouse...what do you think would appeal to a 12 year old child more? Or is there a better hotel/resort that I didnt mention? Thanks!

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
reviews: 9
5. Re: Best area for scuba diving/beaches/activities

Check out The Kata Beach Resort located next to The Boathouse. IMO it is more suitable for families with children.

Hope this helps you.

6. Re: Best area for scuba diving/beaches/activities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, March 02, 2015