We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort or Moevenpick Resort Karon

Which Phuket hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 7
Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort or Moevenpick Resort Karon

Hi all,

I have narrowed my choice of accommodation to the Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort or the Moevenpick Resort Karon as they both march our criteria for kids facilities/pool, decent sized rooms, and location to restaurants, and a bit of shopping.

I will be travelling with my partner and 3 year old son.

Which would you choose?

Ta Mykmyk

melbourne australia
reviews: 54
1. Re: Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort or Moevenpick Resort Karon

Movenpick is more convnient to walk to restaurants. Hilton is a bit in no mans land. There is a lot on beach side and patak rd side of Moevenpick.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
reviews: 45
2. Re: Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort or Moevenpick Resort Karon

A bit different concept of hotel.

Hilton comprises of a few large towers. Moevenpick comprises of small buildings scattered around the property.

Moevenpick might suit you better as theres more space for kids to run around. Both are large properties and a fair amount of walking might be necessary when getting between facilities.

London
Destination Expert
for Thailand
reviews: 128
3. Re: Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort or Moevenpick Resort Karon

Given a choice of those two my vote would be for Movenpick

Mackay, Australia
reviews: 38
4. Re: Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort or Moevenpick Resort Karon

Agree, Movenpick is in the middle of everything. The Hilton is way up the road and a long walk in the heat to restaurants and shops.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
reviews: 9
5. Re: Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort or Moevenpick Resort Karon

I also agree the Movenpick is within closer walking distance to some restaurants, shopping etc. The Hiltons facilities are awesome but if you want to walk to some shops etc the walk is longer.

Edited: 7:27 am, September 22, 2013
6. Re: Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort or Moevenpick Resort Karon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, September 24, 2014