We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting Around Phuket from Kata Beach

Which Phuket hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Victoria, Canada
reviews: 61
Getting Around Phuket from Kata Beach

I was just wondering how to get to a few destinations from Kata Beach, we will be staying at the Foto Hotel.

1). What should a expect to pay for a taxi to Patong from the Hotel and are they easily found? Is it difficult finding a taxi at night to go back to Kata?

2). I would really like to go to the Simon Cabaret show and the Fantasea show and I'm not sure if I should do this as an organized tour or if it's easy enough to get to by taxi?

3). Where is the Dino mini golf and how do I get there (taxi, organized tour)?

4). is the water park that I keep hearing about fun?

50. Are there any good gardens that are worth checking out?

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
reviews: 18
1. Re: Getting Around Phuket from Kata Beach

1) 400 Baht to Patong, plenty of taxi's around, just down the hill is a taxi stand

2) do it by organised tour, cheaper and easier.

3) in Kata Center. 25 minutes walk from Foto hotel, Or again find the taxi stand down the hill, 200 Baht probably to get to Dino Park.

4) Far, far away, all the way past the airport. Can be a fun place, but don't get the wrong impression, it really is not very big.

5) Not afaik, but I'm not into gardens.

Victoria, Canada
2. Re: Getting Around Phuket from Kata Beach

Thank you that's very helpful! I keep hearing about the taxi mafia outside our hotel, does this mean that I won't be able to find someone to drop me off at the resort?

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
reviews: 18
3. Re: Getting Around Phuket from Kata Beach

As I recall there are always 1-2 drivers there, they may take you for a reasonable price as well. Just check with them and the guys at the bottom of the hill and you'll know.

No problems at all with dropping off at Foto Hotel.

Victoria, Canada
4. Re: Getting Around Phuket from Kata Beach

awesome thank you I really appreciate it!

5. Re: Getting Around Phuket from Kata Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 18, 2014