We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice family resort accom close to local eating/shops

Which Phuket hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Batu Ferringhi
reviews: 37
Nice family resort accom close to local eating/shops

Hi we are considering a holiday with our family however we haven't been to phuket before and would like some advice, on where to stay. We usually like 4 star accom that is in walking distance to good local eating spots and markets etc on a daily basis and good places for massage.

Any advice would be welcome. If we can come over the new year period, it would be on a tighter budget, for about 8 nights, otherwise maybe April next year when our budget would be not so tight.

thanks

Angela

Rawai Beach, Phuket
Destination Expert
for Phuket
reviews: 18
1. Re: Nice family resort accom close to local eating/shops

There are many many places that would work for you.

I will give you one that is in the middle of lots of stuff, including Karon beach.

It has 3 different swimming pools and one is designed just for kids.

Orchid Resort in Karon.

I've seen the rooms and perhaps they are only 3 star.

But the grounds, pools, lobby, layout, is 4 star.

Enjoy your stay.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Batu Ferringhi
2. Re: Nice family resort accom close to local eating/shops

Hi thanks for that. They looked booked for the dates. Any other suggestions?

Ang

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
3. Re: Nice family resort accom close to local eating/shops

The Kata Beach Resort is one of the few hotels directly on the beach, near a good choice of restaurants and is a good family hotel.

www.katagroup.com/kata-beach/

Darwin, Australia
reviews: 74
4. Re: Nice family resort accom close to local eating/shops

Have a look at Aquamarine resort in Kamala, great little town with fantastic restaurants and friendly locals.

Aquamarine provide free shuttle into Patong 3 times a day and hourly in Kamala if you didnt want to walk

Have a great trip

Vinny

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Batu Ferringhi
5. Re: Nice family resort accom close to local eating/shops

great thank you - will check those out.

Angela

Geraldton, Australia
reviews: 45
6. Re: Nice family resort accom close to local eating/shops

I'd consider the Centara Karon (see my review) you'd all fit in 1 room and in late April/May you can usually get quite good specials :)

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Batu Ferringhi
7. Re: Nice family resort accom close to local eating/shops

Hi Stubbsy just checked out Centara in Karon and it looks fantastic - everything we were after in fact. I just read a review though that said the hotel is in the middle of no where, and there were no local shops/cafes etc for at least a 15 - 20 min walk. This is one of the things we are trying to avoid. We just recently stayed in krabi about a 20 min drive from town and it cost a fortune going back and forth everyday. I'm looking for this type of resort in amongst local, shops/cafes/resturants that we can just walk to at night or during the day to get something to eat.

Thanks

Ang

melbourne australia
reviews: 54
8. Re: Nice family resort accom close to local eating/shops

We have booked Centara Karon for a week of our 4 week stay. Considering the off the hook rates in Phuket over N Years it seems reasonable. Having stayed in this area before at another hotel we can highly recommend it for being well serviced by great restaurants and a great beach. Karon is nowhere near as full on as Patong but it;s not quiet either so perfect mix. The beach is one long stretch of golden sand with fantastic people watching. if you want to spend more we can highly recommend the Moevenpick down the road. Amazing.

Phuket
reviews: 4
9. Re: Nice family resort accom close to local eating/shops

Another vote for Kata Beach Resort . It is located right on one of Phukets nicest beaches and a 2 minute walk from a selection of good restaurants . Alternatively you could also look at 'Katathani Resort & Spa' . This is also located on a lovely beach (Kata Noi) . The hotel is very family friendly and it is a quieter area to stay than Kata Beach resort . The only draw back I can see is that you would need to walk over the hill to get to the restaurants - this is a 10 minute walk or 2 minute taxi ride .

Giles - Offspray Leisure Day trips Phuket

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Batu Ferringhi
10. Re: Nice family resort accom close to local eating/shops

@ intrpid aussie thanks for that. Glad to know that it isn't in the middle of no where. Prices obviously up over the new year period. What made you choose a different hotel this time?

@GilesOffspray. Thanks for your advice. Have looked at Katathani also and both look really nice. Appreciate the posts guys

thank you

Angela