We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting around

Which Phuket hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Osaka, Japan
reviews: 1
Getting around

I'm currently staying in Patong but would like to explore the island a little in the next few days. What's the best mode of transport? I'm a little wary of taxis and tuk tuks incase they get a little mercenary with their pricing but they seem the most sensible option.

I've no IDP and the hire companies probably won't be able to read my Japanese driving license so I think car hire is out.

HK
1. Re: Getting around

You could day hire a car and driver for a small fortune - it gets you to where you want to go.

Daytime, slow adventurous way is by songthaew, take one from Patong back to Phuket town and jump on any other bus to wherever they go the island. Pink bus routes cover a bit of the south and east for an extortionate 10 bhat ;-)

A few trips on a taxi is going to really addup after a couple of days.

Don`t forget to support the new Airport-Patong bus route on your way back home.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
2. Re: Getting around

Panya always gets good recommendations here you can get his contact details here on the right hand side in the FAQ section under Finding a tour guide, there's also other drivers listed you could contact them all for a quote, there phone numbers are all listed.

Perth, Australia
reviews: 79
3. Re: Getting around

Lek LANDEN is also a good driver if Panya is not available he can be contacted on 081 5520934 or email leklanden@hotmail.com

4. Re: Getting around

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, July 27, 2014