We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aussies watch out in Phuket Patong !

Which Phuket hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne...
reviews: 54
Aussies watch out in Phuket Patong !

This is our 3rd time to this gorgeous place, but something has changed for the not so better:(

A lot of UK expats in motorbikes trying to get you to buy timeshare with scratchie cards, and when you say no a lot of them become abusive and rude and try and threaten you! 1 tried to fight my husband when he said no then I told him in not so nice words to go away! These people are ruining Phuket and Patong tourism and holidays, just beware because there everywhere! The thai people dont want them here doing this either! Say No thanks and keep walking is the best advice I can give unless your interested in timeshare that is:) good luck:) still love the place but these certain people are just going to ruin Phuket in the end and people will just not go there anymore:(

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
reviews: 18
1. Re: Aussies watch out in Phuket Patong !

The same warning is applicable to all people from all nationalities, including from the UK.

Perth, Australia
reviews: 37
2. Re: Aussies watch out in Phuket Patong !

Here are some methods you can use on the TS touts. tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g297930-i9925-k…

Some Patong hotels are letting their guests know of the annoyances and potential headaches but for sure, more hotels need to get on board and follow the example set by HI. tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g293920-i5037-k…

Edited: 2:41 am, July 08, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 12
3. Re: Aussies watch out in Phuket Patong !

G'day Sharon ,

We have not been long back from our 5th trip and never encountered one in 3 weeks but if I did I would say the same as I did last time already done it mate signed up or been there done that they tend to leave you alone ....not worth losing your cool .

cheers

Lozza and Mrs Lozza

Brisbane
reviews: 6
4. Re: Aussies watch out in Phuket Patong !

Quite annoying, but a simple no thanks and keep walking.

Norfolk, England
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Batu Ferringhi, Chaweng, Ko Samui
reviews: 214
5. Re: Aussies watch out in Phuket Patong !

Hi

It is equally annoying for us Brits too you know! Most of them are youngsters on their gap year, so please don't let someone's nationality tar us all - we all have good and bad experiences of all nationalities.

We however, never seems to be picked on by the touts, and to be honest when we do they tend Aussies - go figure?

Lets all be anti-touts rather than tar the nationalities . . .

Norfolk, England
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Batu Ferringhi, Chaweng, Ko Samui
reviews: 214
6. Re: Aussies watch out in Phuket Patong !

PS I find a very polite no thank you and keep walking always works!

Copenhagen Region...
reviews: 30
7. Re: Aussies watch out in Phuket Patong !

I am so fortunate, that I have another native language, so when I am approached, I simply say: Nej, jeg taler ikke engelsk. That always leave them blank.

Melbourne...
8. Re: Aussies watch out in Phuket Patong !

I understand how I sound but everyone has been English and they are not young aged between 35 and 50 and yes I'm polite at the start but then some if them are just outrageous with there manners! I have some great English friends that would never speak to anyone like that, but thanks for your feedback :)

Melbourne...
9. Re: Aussies watch out in Phuket Patong !

I understand how I sound but everyone has been English and they are not young aged between 35 and 50 and yes I'm polite at the start but then some if them are just outrageous with there manners! I have some great English friends that would never speak to anyone like that, but thanks for your feedback :)

Melbourne...
10. Re: Aussies watch out in Phuket Patong !

Thanks fresh prince from Perth :)

Edited: 4:04 am, July 08, 2013