We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June 10-21 jbr

Which Phuket hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
reviews: 26
June 10-21 jbr

Hi all

Well I have got it bad, real bad, just returned this morning from 11days in LOS, and counting down to the next trip already.

We didnt do much at all so sorry if this is a bit boring. This was most definately an R&R trip for me.

June 10

Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to Phuket I go. So its off to Sydney Airport to meet up with Mr & Mrs Lozza. Flying Jetstar direct from Sydney. Now its been awhile since I have flown with them, as I have taken advantage of some cheap sales with thai and Air Asia. Flight was great, food good, Cabin crew great, no complaints from me, I must admit Jetstar is still my airline of choice from Syd to Phuket, you just cant beat a direct flight.

Arrived Phuket 7.30pm, pickup up by Daj, and its off to Salathai

Slight hickup with our booking, as we had 3 delux rooms booked ground floor, and they gave us 2 upgrades to junior Suites, problem being, we want ground floor deluxe. Oh well , one down stairs, 2 upstairs, I moved down stairs to deluxe room 2 days later.

Good hotel, friendly staff, great location, nice pool, good breakies so no issues staying here.

After a quick Shower, its off to change money and get something to eat and a few drinks at the Tattoo Bar outside Patong Tattoo.

Mr Lozza and I booked in for Tattoos the following day. Well we never actually made it to dinner lol, but a good time and a few drinks were had by all

So, day 2, it buckets down rain in the morning while we are at Breaky and we watch the streets flood again. Never mind its still nice and warm. Within and hour, we are off to get tattoos done. Very happy with the result.

Pretty much chilled out for the rest of the day. That night we met up with cathy and gary and a few other TA people, at Nickys for dinner and drinks, funny night with good friends

Day 3, another quite day, with a few drinks and relaxing. We had organised to Meet up with, more friends from TA in Kata, for dinner at Two Chefs, this place never fails to impress me. Another fantastic night was had.

Day 4 was suppose to be PST Phang Nga tour, but due to weather PST had to postpone it. No problems another relaxing day by the pool.

Day 5, Mrs Lozza and I wnt for a 3 hr Spa treatment at Thara Patongs Day Spa, OMG why have I not done this before!!! Steam room, Floral bath, body scrub, massage and facial. Just to die for

And other dinner with friends at the All Natural resturant In Phuket town, what great food, another excellent night.

Day 6

1st casualty, one down sick. Not from anything we ate (we all ate the same, ) but a bit of a virus going around.

More chilling by the pool.

I had also had other friends arrive the night before so, we went off did at bit of shopping, from the bar stool in Sailor bar, bit of lunch, and more pool time

Day 7

More relaxing, more drinkies, more laughter, Casualty 1 still down, A few of us not 100% but not too bad either

Day 8

More of the same

Day 9

Finally got to do our day trip with PST, another great day, with the fantastic crew of PST, never get tired of Phang Nga Bay

Day 10

Same as the other days, pool, chilling, drinkies and eating

Day 11

Sad sad day, its my last day in LOS for this trip. More pool time, last drinks at Sailor Bar, last massage, and sadest of all, saying goodbye to the gang as they were all staying on longer.

Good flight home, arrived home to rain in Sydney, but not so warm

So as said, not alot done this trip, but exactly how it was suppose to be. Yes we got quite alot of rain in the 1st week, but didnt spoil the trip at all.

104 days and counting to the next trip, to celebrate my birthday in October

Michelle

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
reviews: 48
1. Re: June 10-21 jbr

Hi Michelle

Thanks for a lovely JBR you don't have to be chasing your tail to have a great time in Phuket.....it sounds like just the right mix of everything and you had fun with lots of good times with friends.......which is the main thing :-)

Its a shame that a couple of you were sick.....but recovered OK and were not too bad!!

Those day spas are wonderful I'm glad you finally tried it and loved it

Welcome home and let the countdown to October begin wooooooo hooo :-)

Cheers

Mossy :-)

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 133
2. Re: June 10-21 jbr

Glad you didn't let the rain get you down and you had just the kind of holiday I like, lounging on th pool or beach and eating and drinking and it won't be long until your back.

Mackay, Australia
reviews: 34
3. Re: June 10-21 jbr

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. We will be leaving in 44 days, can't wait!! Hope we don't get sick like last year. You lucky girl to be going twice in one year!!

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Phuket
reviews: 60
4. Re: June 10-21 jbr

Hi Michelle,

Sounds like you had a great time, its so nice to go over there and just sit back and chill for a while and catch up with friends. We are also counting down to our next trip.

Cheers, Pete

Adelaide, Australia
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
reviews: 281
5. Re: June 10-21 jbr

Not at all boring Michelle, was good to catch up again & thank you for all the chocolate hahaha. See you in October :)

Cathy

Brisbane, Australia
6. Re: June 10-21 jbr

Great to see you have a great time with lots of R&R....:)

It was fantastic to catch up with you and the gang.

Cheers

Angie :)

Australia
reviews: 1
7. Re: June 10-21 jbr

Exactly my kind of holiday... plenty of R & R :)

Looked forward to your daily updates to PAC so thanks for those. The weather wasn't the kindest but hey you still had a fabulous time... still in LOS and still warm :)

Glad you had a great time with friends, and Oct will be here before you know it and you'll be back to that beautiful place we're all addicted to!!

From a fellow PACer :)

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 43
8. Re: June 10-21 jbr

Glad you had a relaxing time. Don't think we will get back to Thailand this year, looks like Malaysia for end of year sales. Definitely Phuket next year though.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 43
9. Re: June 10-21 jbr

Glad you had a relaxing time. Don't think we will get back to Thailand this year, looks like Malaysia for end of year sales. Definitely Phuket next year though.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
reviews: 9
10. Re: June 10-21 jbr

It was great seeing you again Michelle and thank you so much for all the goodies!!! :-)