We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Phuket with kids?

Which Phuket hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 1
Where to stay in Phuket with kids?

Maybe it's been already answered question but I'm going to Phuket this summer with my 9-year-old son.

My concern is that I don't want to stay in the area near sex related industries but near attractions - like hiking, kayaking, beaches, elephant rides, etc. It's okay to take public transportations if it's safe.

Any recommendations which area of Phuket to stay?

Really appreciate your suggestions!

12 replies to this topic
reviews: 9
1. Re: Where to stay in Phuket with kids?

my uncle and aunty stayed at the holiday inn patong and my 10 year old cousin had a blast at the kids club there "down days' a kids club would also allow you some time to have a massage or anything else that you so desire. i have also stayed in Patong with my 8 year old son and i think so long as you stay away from Bangla Road at night time everything else is ok for kids to see.

Singapore, Singapore
2. Re: Where to stay in Phuket with kids?

Thanks for great tips. I was afraid Patong area might not be an area for kids but now I'm relieved. I'll book a hotel around here now. Thank you, Lisha81!

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 126
3. Re: Where to stay in Phuket with kids?

I would stay in Kata or Karon, as they're quieter than Patong but still have a good choice of restaurants, check out the Centara hotels as they are very family oriented

Kolkata (Calcutta...
reviews: 33
4. Re: Where to stay in Phuket with kids?

Hi MRgm1

Patong is a nice place to stay and just be away from bangla road if you dont like it. Good restaurants, good hotels.

Cheers

Brisbane, Australia
5. Re: Where to stay in Phuket with kids?

Hello All,

I think this post is right up our alley too. We are 2 adults, 13yo and 10 yo. We love the beach and eating out. We are planning 5 - 7 nights in late December 13 / early January 14. The kids really want to see elephants also. Our budget for accommodation per night is up to 270-300 USD.

Any recommendations?

Will

reviews: 20
6. Re: Where to stay in Phuket with kids?

Hope this helps, but on recommendations from friends we are heading to karon and staying at the centara resort at karon. This was recommended to us due to the kids club, pool slides and 3 pools (swim up bar too). The main attraction was their stay/pay deals. Stay 8/pay 4, stay 10/pay 5 etc etc. being at karon it's meant to be a little quieter and yet still has close access to restaurants, massages and local markets. JBR will follow in 51 days, just thought it might be an option to look at for you guys.

Brisbane, Australia
7. Re: Where to stay in Phuket with kids?

Thanks Sharon,

we'll check it out.

Will

Brisbane, Australia
8. Re: Where to stay in Phuket with kids?

Looks like Centara Karon all booked for our period 27 Dec - 03 Jan 14....will keep trying.

We welcome any more suggestions.

Will

Oslo
reviews: 31
9. Re: Where to stay in Phuket with kids?

Stay in Kata if you want to stay in Phuket. Patong is not a nice place with kids. The south part of Kata Beach is the best place! Just came back from a 2 week holiday in Kamala and Kata, maybe Metadee Resort? Good luck!

Phuket
reviews: 4
10. Re: Where to stay in Phuket with kids?

Check out Phuketforkids.com.

A great site with loads of information about what to do and where to go with children on Phuket

Reply to: Where to stay in Phuket with kids?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted