We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Koh Samui / Phuket (Domestic/International) Transfers

Which Phuket hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Koh Samui / Phuket (Domestic/International) Transfers

Hello all,

I'll be arriving from Koh Samui into Phuket on Bangkok Air at 15.30 with a flight booked with Malaysia Airlines at 18.05 to Melbourne via KL. Will this be enough time for me to get my luggage from the domestic terminal and have it gone through customs etc etc along with checking in for the international leg? Or should I book the flight arriving into Phuket at 12.30? I'm not sure if its possible to have my luggage checked all the way through, due to using different carriers.

I will be flying on the 21st Oct.

Any advice would be apprecaited! Thanks!!

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
reviews: 53
1. Re: Koh Samui / Phuket (Domestic/International) Transfers

Hi

If you're travel with one tickets or if Malaysia airlines have interlining agreements with Bangkok airways then you should be able to check your bags through. If not then I would suggest fry in Phuket earlier time just in case. The flight to and from between Phuket and koh samui is only 55 mins.

Good luck

Nuremberg, Germany
2. Re: Koh Samui / Phuket (Domestic/International) Transfers

Even if you are travelling on 2 tickets Bangkok Airways will check your bags through all the way to Melbourne and you will, most likely, get your MH boarding passes already at Samui check-in.

Melbourne, Australia
3. Re: Koh Samui / Phuket (Domestic/International) Transfers

Not a problem, thank you la0wei & sweetpea6468 for the advice!

I'll definitely try to check my bags all the way through then.

Regarding the flight times though, is 2.5 hours enough time to do all this?

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
4. Re: Koh Samui / Phuket (Domestic/International) Transfers

2.5 hours a bit tight to my liking. Go earlier time if possible just incase flight delays, security check and more security check etc.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
reviews: 18
5. Re: Koh Samui / Phuket (Domestic/International) Transfers

2,5 hours is more than enough if in transit.

newcastle upon tyne
reviews: 121
6. Re: Koh Samui / Phuket (Domestic/International) Transfers

Its fine if your flight arrives on time. Unfortunately this is not guaranteed with any flight

Norfolk, England
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Batu Ferringhi, Chaweng, Ko Samui
reviews: 214
7. Re: Koh Samui / Phuket (Domestic/International) Transfers

Having flown Bangkok airways and then going to another flight with another airline leaving from a Thai Airport, they will check you and your bags in to your final destination. They are very good!

Melbourne, Australia
8. Re: Koh Samui / Phuket (Domestic/International) Transfers

Hi all, thank you so much for all the advice!

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
9. Re: Koh Samui / Phuket (Domestic/International) Transfers

Just found out Malaysia airlines have code shares with Bangkok airways. So your bags will definitely check through to Melbourne!!!

10. Re: Koh Samui / Phuket (Domestic/International) Transfers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, June 14, 2014