We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smoking smells Kata Beach Resort?

Which Phuket hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portland
reviews: 16
Smoking smells Kata Beach Resort?

Most of the reviews I've read about the Kata Beach Resort are very good, but I've recently read one that warned that all of the rooms are smoking, and that they couldn't get a room that didn't reek of cigarette smoke. I find that hard to believe in a 4-star resort, but if anyone had any insight on this comment, I'd really appreciate it.

Also, is Kata beach really packed with people most days? Some of the photos I've seen look like shoulder-to shoulder umbrellas. I have some concern of this not being the tranquil get-away we're hoping for. Again, any information about the "real" Kata Beach, not just the tourism photos, would be very helpful.

Ao Chalong / Rawai
1. Re: Smoking smells Kata Beach Resort?

Hi gardengirly

The Kata Beach is one of the nicest beaches in the South of the Island other then Nai Harn Beach a few kilometers away. There is indeed a double row of umbrellas running the lenght of the beach with some food and drink stalls, activity counters, beach massage booths and the ocasional ice cream vendor.

I find it no more crowded then any beach I have visited in Florida and the Carribean Islands. It certanly is better then what Patong has to offer and people who enjoy the beaches seem to appreciate that these services and especialy the lounge chairs and umbrellas are availiable on a hot sunny day.

The least crowded area on the beach is in the middle by the Club Med facility and the best snorkeling is on the Northern end.

Sorry that I can not help in regards to the non-smoking rooms at the hotel and your best bet would be to e-mail them directly.

Regards From Phuket

Richard & Megumi