We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weddings in Phuket - Photography, hair and makeup,reception

Which Phuket hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gold Cost, Australia
Weddings in Phuket - Photography, hair and makeup,reception

Hi All

My husband and I were married in Phuket in November. I just thought I would write some reviews on our experience for all the future brides out there:)

Our wedding was at the Laguna Wedding Chapel Phuket, amazing chapel - cant go wrong with this beutiful location.

We held our reception at Lotus Restaurant Bang Tao Beach - they have recently (2010) opened a new private room. This can be hired for full private fuctions - the room is air con, right on the beach, made of beut wood, private bar - amazing food and drinks package. Perfect for weddings. Contact Anurak there, he will look after everything.

Hair and makeup for my Bridesmaids and myself we used Lisa Allen www.makeupartistphuket.com. Lisa is located in English and located perm in Phuket.

She is FANTASTIC! You will not be disappointed. Lisa is a lovely person, which is just what you need when getting ready for your big day. Her makeup is the best quality and she she did an amazing job on all our hair, the styles were just what I wanted.

Wedding photography we used Rion Photography and have not been disappointed. He is extremely talented. He is from the USA and travels around for weddings. Based half a year in Thailand and half in USA. We have received all our pics and they are all amazing quality. He is a lovely guy and very easy to work with. Strongly recommended. http://www.rionphotography.com/

Our wedding in Phuket was amazing - for anyone thinking of getting married in phuket - do it! We had an amazing time and if you use the suppliers above, I dont think you could go wrong

If anyone needs any further info for there big day, let me know, more than happy to help where I can.

NY
1. Re: Weddings in Phuket - Photography, hair and makeup,reception

Rines,

I got married back in March 2009, and also used Lisa Allen too, she was so lovely.

She was SO professional and to be honest I was very apprehensive about finding anyone in Phuket to do my make up & hair.

Thank god I found her, she transformed us all to perfection!

I can highly recommend her too!

www.makeupartistphuket.com and her email is lisa@makeupartistphuket.com

I haven't heard about Rion but he sounds great!

We used Gina Smith for our pics www.ginasmithphotography.com

She was so easy to get along with and captured the most amazing day of my life. Thanks Gina.

Good luck to all you brides out there!

Karratha, WA
reviews: 8
2. Re: Weddings in Phuket - Photography, hair and makeup,reception

Hi Rines,

Im recently engaged and my partner and I have our hearts set on marrying in Phuket. Im not really sure where to start and any information you have would be really appreciated. Are you able to email me at alyshabroz@hotmail.com. Thanks Alysha

Melbourne, Australia
3. Re: Weddings in Phuket - Photography, hair and makeup,reception

Hi Rines, Thanks so much for your information! I've got the chapel booked for our wedding in June this year and have been having real dramas trying to find a venue for dinner afterward.

You've mentioned your make up artist and photographer, I was just going to use the people provided by the laguna in our wedding package. Do you think I'm better off to organise other people?

I've also been speaking to Anurak at the Lotus, so glad you've written such positive feedback beccause that's where we'll probably end up having our dinner now. Just out of interest we have 25 guests, how many people did you have?

Is there anything in general that you think I should be aware of?

Nat

Gold Cost, Australia
4. Re: Weddings in Phuket - Photography, hair and makeup,reception

Hi

We had 38 guests, and Lotus was perfect.

I would definatly recommend using Lisa Allen for hair and makeup rather then the chapel. Lisa is fantastic.

I exchanged the hair and makeup for the baby elephant.

It actually worked out cheaper to do this and pay for my BM hair through lisa, then to keep my hair with the chapel and get BM hair done through them also - if this makes sense.

Definatly book Lisa, she does a great job, and is really use to working with a variety of hair (mine is curly so I was a little worried about using a thai person who might not be use to working with curls)

I hope this helps

If you need anything further, please let me know.

I know you will have a great wedding, just like we did

was perfect!

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
reviews: 9
5. Re: Weddings in Phuket - Photography, hair and makeup,reception

Have to agree. Lisa is great and I highly recommend her.

Perth
reviews: 1
6. Re: Weddings in Phuket - Photography, hair and makeup,reception

I got married on Valentines Day 2001 in Phuket and I used Lisa Allen for her hair and makeup services- she was wonderful!

On the day of the wedding Lisa arrived with her team and transformed myself, my two bridesmaids, mother of the bride and mother of the groom.

Lisa is very special not only is she truly gifted at Hair and Makeup, she is also a delightful person and her wedding experience advice proved invaluable on the day. I was very happy with Lisa and her team.

Two days before the wedding I had a hair and makeup trial at the hotel with Lisa. I was abit unsure about what hair and makeup to have but after some discussions about my theme/vision Lisa was able to translate this into exactly what I wanted!

Lisa also gave me some advice on how hectic the day would be and to designate a bridesmaid to field questions to allow me to relax. She also gave me loads of tips of restaurants to eat at and where to shop (at "Central" for anybody that is wondering where you will find Zara, Top Shop and all those favorite shops).

I highly recommend Lisa Allen. She uses high quality products and her enthusiasm, professionalism, hair and makeup is truly first class.

Her website is www.makeupartistphuket.com and her email is lisa@makeupartistphuket.com.

Gold Cost, Australia
7. Re: Weddings in Phuket - Photography, hair and makeup,reception

Just thought I would put an update on from my comment above

Wedding photography we used Rion Photography and have not been disappointed. He is extremely talented. He is from the USA and travels around for weddings. Based half a year in Thailand and half in USA. We have received all our pics and they are all amazing quality. He is a lovely guy and very easy to work with. Strongly recommended. http://www.rionphotography.com/

Just wanted to say yes our photos from Rion were great, however he was very very late with getting our photos too us, its been 6 months since our wedding and we are still waiting on our album. This is very unfortunate as he is a great photographer just a shame about customer service and delivery, bearing in mind he is very expensive especially for Thailand!

8. Re: Weddings in Phuket - Photography, hair and makeup,reception

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:05 am, June 10, 2011
Orlando, Florida
reviews: 1
9. Re: Weddings in Phuket - Photography, hair and makeup,reception

Hey everybody! We too have been married in Thailand! I am hoping to come back this winter and do a photoset and a romantic trip to Similan islands, sooo looking forward to it. We are going to get our photographer we used for our wedding in Samui http://tropicpic.com with us to do the love-story in Similans! I assure you, wedding in Thailand is an amazing thing to do! We can't wait to come back!

Haha) Used Lisa too, great to hear she's doing well))

10. Re: Weddings in Phuket - Photography, hair and makeup,reception

Hi, i'm planning to contact tropic his portfolio of photos looks amazing. Did he do a good job? Do u have tips?