We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public Bus from Patong to Khao Lak

Which Phuket hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bangkok, Thailand
reviews: 1
Public Bus from Patong to Khao Lak

Hi Everyone,

Could you please tell me how I could take a public bus from Patong to Khao Lak in February? I will be staying at the C&N Hotel in Patong and would like to get up to Khao Lak as cheaply as possible. I will be traveling on a Monday if that makes any difference. Thank you very much for your help!

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
reviews: 14
1. Re: Public Bus from Patong to Khao Lak

Take the bus to the local busstation in Phuket. Walk from there (I guess 15 minutes) to the long distance busstation, and take the bus to Khao Lak from there.

Poulton-le-Fylde, UK
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
reviews: 61
2. Re: Public Bus from Patong to Khao Lak

This thread contains information which may help too

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k24…

Bangkok, Thailand
3. Re: Public Bus from Patong to Khao Lak

Stevnl,

Can you please help me out and make sure I have this right.

So I should take any bus in Patong to the local bus station (is the local bus station in Phuket Town or ?), and then I need to transfer to the long distance bus station (is this in Phuket Town or ?).

Sorry, but this is my first trip there and am completely unfamiliar with the area as well as transportaion options. I just know that a taxi is too expensive for me and I'd like to get the local feel and save some $ by riding the bus.

Thanks again for your help!

Poulton-le-Fylde, UK
Destination Expert
4. Re: Public Bus from Patong to Khao Lak

As explained in the link to the previous post above, if you go to Phuket Town to catch a bus you are going south down Phuket only to come back north to get off the island. If you catch the Thai Airways bus from the airport and get off at the highway you will catch the bus there. Much quicker and much nearer.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
reviews: 14
5. Re: Public Bus from Patong to Khao Lak

Won't help very much because he is coming from Patong, not the airport.

So yes, public bus from Patong to Phuket Town. In Phuket (cheapest option) walk to the long distance terminal, and take the bus to Khao Lak from there.

Bangkok, Thailand
6. Re: Public Bus from Patong to Khao Lak

Thanks for all of the info and directions!!! It sounds pretty easy and I'm looking forward to the ride. I really appreciate the help.

Poulton-le-Fylde, UK
Destination Expert
7. Re: Public Bus from Patong to Khao Lak

Thanks steven, I missed that bit! :)

8. Re: Public Bus from Patong to Khao Lak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, August 10, 2009