We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pattya from Dowtown Bangkok

Which Pattaya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
off the map
Pattya from Dowtown Bangkok

Hello,

How far is Pattya from Downtown Bangkok?

Which is closer to the airport, and which has better night life?

Thanks.

off the map
21. Re: Pattya from Dowtown Bangkok

Jawadde,

I have looked up Pattaya and talked to someone who owns a condo there. I haven't been there but I have heard many people including my friend say the same thing. That in fact there is an element of sleeze there, and that the hiv rate there is very high. Higher than most of the other provinces in Thailand. And even people on here I have seen posted that Pattaya is a toilet. (no disrespect intended to Thai's)

People shouldn't speak for every Thai and say that every one thinks it is normal. There is a difference for letting someone live and viewing something as normal.

I don't want to be surronded by dudes, but yet am getting attacked b/c of that?

It was a simple question, and people are getting verbally agressive to defend something THEY view as OK.

Great they can view it as OK, but I have a right to view it as a little wierd. That is my right. And if I want to avoid places that are filled with gender confused people, so be it.

Every part of a city has certain 'cultures' to it. This particular one I want to avoid.

What's the problem?

off the map
22. Re: Pattya from Dowtown Bangkok

"Wrong - again!! I didn't express any preferences about ladyboys or lady girls, just my distaste of your several attempts to cause disruption. Seems I'm not alone!"

Guess what?

The world is full of 'disruption'. You have no greater right to post your view than I have to post mine.

I am so sick of people cursing and calling names to express THEIR viewpoint.

Just go away dude.

Stoke-on-Trent...
reviews: 26
23. Re: Pattya from Dowtown Bangkok

emjayreet, how on earth can you make comments on a place you have never been to? i have recently come back from pattaya, before i went i asked many questions about the place, i had many doubts about pattaya, but my mind was put at ease by the answers people like khunwilko, and jawadde gave me.

i went to pattaya, had the time off my life, i was never bothered by ladyboys or anybody else.

now i wont go anywhere else for my holidays.

give it a try, it may suprise you.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
reviews: 77
24. Re: Pattya from Dowtown Bangkok

Chancer,

Why on earth you are going toThailand with all your preconceptions I dxon't know! However, when you get there put all your prejudices to one side and just enjoy the country for what it is and the people for what they are - they certainly won't be as quick to judge you as you are to judge them.

25. Re: Pattya from Dowtown Bangkok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:00 pm, November 20, 2006
Adelaide, Australia
reviews: 7
26. Re: Pattya from Dowtown Bangkok

PS Jawadde

You say that you've read a lot of my comments and it seems that I am not asking a lot of questions. Instead I'm giving lots and lots of advice and opinions about Thailand to other posters.

Not that I have to defend myself but if you could go back in my history you would see that I have been here since April asking lots and lots of questions...

When people get on here and ask the same question over and over again I dont see the harm in giving them the advice I have been given by others.... 1. it saves those who have repeated themselves a million times having to do it again and 2. I am always clear that I was told that information, not that I have experienced it.

If there is somewhere that say you must have travelled to Thailand to give advice as part of the forum rules, please point me in the right direction.

Chiang Khong...
reviews: 1
27. Re: Pattya from Dowtown Bangkok

well stated emjay I agree with you 100%.

I replyed to another post by same person that was finally pulled .I also got unwarrented responce I say just give up and let it go you can't have an intellegent conversation with someone who releys on personal beliefs not truth or facts.

Adelaide, Australia
reviews: 7
28. Re: Pattya from Dowtown Bangkok

Thanks for your support Sawadeeka, I know there is no point but I am really insulted that my one comment resulted in all of this! It honestly makes me want to just walk away from Tripadvisor all together...