We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm booked

Which Pattaya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
toronto
reviews: 5
I'm booked

After much debate I finally booked flight to Pattaya....phew

The decision was between Pattaya or Bohol, and yes I know two different locations in many ways.

In the end it came done to; quick entry & exit, more activities and total travel costs from HK

Now I need to book a room, wish me luck....LOL

See you all soon

8 replies to this topic
Johannesburg, South...
reviews: 88
1. Re: I'm booked

Have a great time. Was in Pattaya last week and had a ball.

toronto
2. Re: I'm booked

Thanks,

I'm looking forward to rest and seeing what the city has to offer

Pawtucket, RI
3. Re: I'm booked

"..finally booked flight to Pattaya..."

I hope you mean fly to Bangkok and take taxi or bus to Pattaya!

It is easy to get from Suvarnabhumi or Don Muang to Pattaya. Bus ride is cheap.

Where are you flying into?

There are hundreds of posts on hotels for Pattaya. Do a forum search. If you need some suggestions include a price range. (Above your opening post is where the search option is.)

toronto
4. Re: I'm booked

LOL.....yes my delight managed to derail my typing it seems.

You're correct, am flying into BKK and taking bus to Pattaya as you reminded me.

I've been using TA to find a place close the beach and rustic

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 125
5. Re: I'm booked

I don't think you could get 2 more different places but if you've decided on Pattaya I hope you enjoy your holiday, check out hotel prices on www.asiatravel.com www.sawadee.com and this price comparison website www.hotelscombined.com to see what's available for your budget.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
reviews: 3
6. Re: I'm booked

Chrella I think the OP is asking for suggestions not booking websites That site for comparison only has certain booking sites and to my knowledge doesn't include any local ones.

100kout - you say "place close the beach and rustic" - Pattaya is a large busting city at the sea, so you won't find what I am guessing you are thinking of as 'rustic' accommodation.

There are masses of cheap inexpensive budget accommodations available right up to top luxury 5 star hotels and resorts, but you need to give us an idea of your budget and the type of accommodation you are looking for, and those of us who in fact know something about the place can give to tips, suggestions, ideas, there are also different parts to Pattaya depending how busy you want and area to stay in, south of Pattaya along the coast there are also quieter spots.

To get an idea for Pattaya this short video clip is good :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICOdLY27cPQ

Edited: 3:23 am, December 04, 2013
Pawtucket, RI
7. Re: I'm booked

Hotels in Pattaya (with air conditioning, private toilet and shower, TV, linen, maid service and maybe free WiFi begin around 600 baht. (All the way up to over 3000 baht per night too.)

"I've been using TA to find a place close the beach and rustic...."

Pattaya Beach sucks for actual swimming! (Okay for restaurants, shopping, malls, nightlife, etc.) Pattaya is a beach CITY but you can relax in many cheap hotels. Windows shut, most rooms, even cheap hotels are reasonably quiet. What price range?

What do you expect for "rustic?" Too far out from the city area you need custom transportation. City area you walk to most things or can use cheap 10 baht (about 35 cents) transportation.

Knowing a price range eliminates places that don't fit your budget. Either side, too cheap or too expensive.

Book a night or two and then look over some other places if not pleased. Unless it is around Christmas then keep what you get!

(Too far from city area for me.)

http://southernstarresort.net/index.html

Up to you.

toronto
8. Re: I'm booked

I understand the confusion in my comment concerning Bohol & Pattaya and yes I recognize they’re polar opposites. Regardless I’m excited to visit Pattaya for 7 days.

Accommodation; I’m looking for something relatively close to the (main) beach, not too family-ish and not to flashy. I would appreciate any suggestion of properties like this in 1,300 to 1,500 Bhat range.

Can you please advise if there are nearby (within 2 hours travel) islands (other than Koh Larn) to visit that have nice beaches and have accommodation.

Reply to: I'm booked
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted